Honored Contributor

Recall of Blue Buffalo Kitty Yums Treats

11/06/2015 09:34 PM EST

Blue Buffalo Company, Ltd. is voluntarily recalling a limited production of Blue Kitty Yums Chicken Recipe Cat Treats that may contain low levels of propylene glycol, which is not permitted by the FDA for use in cat food. Cats reacting to high doses of propylene glycol may exhibit signs of depression and may have a loss of coordination, muscle twitching, and excessive urination and thirst.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall of Blue Buffalo Kitty Yums Treats

@NickNack - Thank you for posting such important information.  I don't use these treats but have considered this brand of cat food before.

I have to wonder when these types of recalls are going to stop.  It seems the manufacturers don't take as much care when producing animal feed.  I guess it's all "volume" and profit now.

Respected Contributor

I just bought some in the chicken flavor 2 weeks ago.  I checked the dates and the UPS codes and mine are not on the recall list.

Thanks for posting this, though, I really appreciate it.  Several years ago, I lost a beautiful Maine Coon cat to a Nutro pet food recall.  He passed away a couple weeks before I got the recall postcard from Petco.  It's so hard to trust any pet food manufacturer now.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat.  That's just awful that you didn't get the recall notice in time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau