Honored Contributor

Recall Purina Beneful and Pro Plan Dog Food Recall

I got this recall notice and thought I would share.

Nestle Purina has announced it is voluntarily recalling select lots of its Beneful and Pro Plan dog foods because they may not contain the recommended level of vitamins and minerals.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link: 

Purina Beneful and Pro Plan Dog Food Recall

Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
The Dog Food Advisor

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall Purina Beneful and Pro Plan Dog Food Recall

[ Edited ]

It's seems kind of ridiculous to recall it for that reason.  A 30 lb bag of dog food lasts me about 2 weeks.  Are the suggesting that 14 meals would put my dogs into throes of malnutrition?  I don't find that to be a significant reason for concern.

It's a moot point though because I don't buy grocery store dog food and I doubt these brands come in 30lbs bags.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have always tailored my pet's food according to their specific needs.  Generally a mix of chicken breast, brown rice, and green peas with a treat of rare cooked beef steak, and vitamins, has worked well for my pets. Daily exercise with lots of love and cuddle time have brought a few of my pets into their twenties.  i would not think of giving them anything else.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Honored Contributor

I cannot imagine why people are still feeding their animals any Purina foods at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I have five rescues all have different needs. I feed my dogs the Purina focus line of dry dog foods and they are doing well on it. I also got the email warning about the food and will check out the link and then read more about what is exactly going on. And I will tell my dog loving friends about this too. Thanks O/P for starting this thread.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

I have always tailored my pet's food according to their specific needs.  Generally a mix of chicken breast, brown rice, and green peas with a treat of rare cooked beef steak, and vitamins, has worked well for my pets. Daily exercise with lots of love and cuddle time have brought a few of my pets into their twenties.  i would not think of giving them anything else.

I have five rescue dogs and I have found that some of what you have mentioned has been given to my dogs and they are all very healthy. But, dogs are different and have different needs. And with five it has been a challenge getting them all on a healthy diet. And one that they enjoy and benefit from.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's seems kind of ridiculous to recall it for that reason.  A 30 lb bag of dog food lasts me about 2 weeks.  Are the suggesting that 14 meals would put my dogs into throes of malnutrition?  I don't find that to be a significant reason for concern.

It's a moot point though because I don't buy grocery store dog food and I doubt these brands come in 30lbs bags.

I could not agree with you more Kachina624...I buy this brand [well the focus line dry only] and all my five dogs with being fed different formulas are doing well on it. Thanks for bringing this up.