Regular Contributor

Re: the intelligence of various animals

One of my dogs, Toby, can tell the time!  9am and 6pm a moan starts - feeding time.  I could never forget or delay, the droning noise would drive me crazy lol.  Now my other dog, Snowball, has started to join in with his co-ordinating sound, a higher pitch whine.  Love them both so much, even their food chorus.

Honored Contributor

Re: the intelligence of various animals

@Sooner wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

My Silky Terriers and my horse are far more intelligent than MOST of the people I meet nowdays. No contest.

@silkyk Horses are smarter that you would ever think, and a few are dastardly smart like really smart cats.  They can outfox you before you know it!  Horses also plan things, again like cats, watch you and strike when you let your guard down. 

I miss living with horses every day of my life.  

Lisa Robertson used to tell a story of a horse they had growing up. The horse would let them ride it with no trouble but when it got bored or tired it would break into a gallop, come to a quick stop while leaning forward, and off she'd go sliding right down the horse's neck and head to the ground. The horse would then turn around and trot back to the stable leaving her to walk back. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!