Contributor

My deepest sympathies on your loss of your precious Sadie.  Never an easy decision to make.  Your beautiful tribute to Sadie really touched my heart.  Sounds like it was very peaceful.  We have had to make that heartbreaking decision 3 times, 2 times much like you described, very peaceful, but the last time with our 10 year old Husky Bandit it was the most horrific experience. They had to give him 3 sedative injections. None worked. Actually had the reverse effect on him.  Still haunts me to this day.  I wonder if I will ever get it out of my head. I'm sorry for your loss.  R.I.P. SadieHeart

Honored Contributor

Re: REST IN PEACE, SADIE

[ Edited ]

SADIE 2004-2019175CE9C9-9250-4DEA-B7E8-FAF9B3F1653A.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful tribute you wrote about your baby!  May you find comfort knowing she is without pain now and waiting for you to be togrether again.

Honored Contributor

With as much love as our pets bestow on us, I know there's a place in Heaven and we'll see them again.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Our hearts weep with you, but hold you there at the same time.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   How beautiful....blessings to you and yours!

Honored Contributor

Oh, dear @Shanus , I don't know how I missed this post until just now.  Tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type.  What a beautiful testament of your love for your sweet girl.  Saying "goodbye" or "watch for me and I'll meet you there"  is the hardest part about loving a pet.  You loved and comforted your girl so well.  Be comforted in knowing you provided Sadie with a happy life.  I'm so very sorry.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I am so sorry for your loss and for just responding to your post. I know the devastation of losing a pet who is just like a family member. I had to allow my little one be put to sleep yesterday after discovering he was in complete renal failure. My heart goes out to you and your family...sending love and comfort your way!

Trusted Contributor

So eloquent! May God bless you and Sadie both. 

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Shanus I am so sorry for your loss and for just responding to your post. I know the devastation of losing a pet who is just like a family member. I had to allow my little one be put to sleep yesterday after discovering he was in complete renal failure. My heart goes out to you and your family...sending love and comfort your way!

@GAQShopr53   Thanks for your kind words, but what about YOUR loss? Devasting as well. I’m so very sorry. I’m hoping your tears end soon.

Esteemed Contributor

I am deeply sorry for your loss, @Shanus .

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!