Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus , I am so sorry about Sadie.  I know that you are heatbroken tonight, but you loved her and she loved you.  In the end, that is all that matters.  RIP Sadie girl!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

so so sorry. 

this decision and ultimate separation from a beloved pet are such a  painful part of life - only made bearable, eventually, by the realization and internalization of the tremendous gift we were given.  that happens in time.

yes, for Sadie, peace - and for you too. ... after the tears.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I am so sorry...there are never any words that can take the sadness away.  I know that Sadie felt your love as you said goodbye.  My heart goes out to you at this time.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus -

I am so sorry.

Your beautiful loving words sending Sadie on her Rainbow journey was so comforting to read-to me and I'm sure to many others who have held our loving forever companions in this life into their next forever home. They will be with us always and until we can all embrace each other again.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dear Sweet Sadie.  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

You did the right thing letting Sadie go.  

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt send off of Sadie.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  What a loving tribute you shared with us all about Sadie. So sorry for your loss...

I'm with a box of tissues in hand as tears stream down my face...

I'm sure there was an at74.gifto great Sadie at the rainbow bridge...

It's time for a  grouphug.giffor you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Blinking away a tear, and sending you an e-hug.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Oh @Shanus I am so very sorry for your heart wrenching loss. I know a piece of your heart is gone, & that you will carry a lump in your throat for her for the rest of your life. I hope you find peace in the fragrance of memories she has left in your heart.  Some day your tears of sadness will become tears of sweet remembrance as you think of her.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus. Sadie was so fortunate to have such a kind and loving person to care for her.

Take care and rest knowing that you did everything you could for her.  

I will now dry my tears!