Valued Contributor

@eddyandme,Sparkles is doing ok ,she is coughing ,trying to cough up worms.but, they are dead worms,irritating the lungs.She is a trooper. My Sia M eezer gets surgery for her prosthetic eye Monday and My Riley dogs eye pressure checked Monday.A long day several hours each way.I have the vet tech staying with sparkles all monday..You are a swertheart,kisses to you both...Lovre to you dear friend,MaryAnne 

Esteemed Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi wrote:

@eddyandme,Sparkles is doing ok ,she is coughing ,trying to cough up worms.but, they are dead worms,irritating the lungs.She is a trooper. My Sia M eezer gets surgery for her prosthetic eye Monday and My Riley dogs eye pressure checked Monday.A long day several hours each way.I have the vet tech staying with sparkles all monday..You are a swertheart,kisses to you both...Lovre to you dear friend,MaryAnne 

@Still keeper of the koi

I am so glad that you've got a vet tech to stay with her!  I was worried about that 'cause short story on Eddy, he was pulled from his second foster after only two days, hospitalized for ten, they brought to me.  He was only supposed to move to do potty. He was terrified of the crate they provided, so I spent most of the time either just giving meds and being next to him.  Now, he still freaks and wants to be with me all the time - can't take a shower without Eddy lying by the tub! So I was very concerned for Sparkles. 

We'll pray for your other furbabies, too.  Well wishes for Monday!

Honored Contributor

I’m not sure about other states, but in NC, it’s against the law to chain up your dog outside. Not only do you receive a fine, jail time, but your dog is also taken away to a no kill shelter for adoption. 

Sometimes the law makers are on top of things!

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, @Shanus, there is only one state regulation about tethering dogs, all other restrictions are county or community ordinances.  Thankfully more and more counties and communities are enacting ordinances against chaining/tethering.

N.C.G.S.A.§ 362.3  A person who maliciously restrains a dog using a chain or wire grossly in excess of the size necessary to restrain the dog safely violates this law.

For purposes of this section, "maliciously" means the person imposed the restraint intentionally and with malice or bad motive.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.