Esteemed Contributor

RAW FEEDERS - DO YOU ORDER ONLINE??

This is an idea that I am considering for Willie (after I check with our vet because of his inflammatory bowel disease). 

I was reading about one in particular, Tylee's Human Grade frozen raw.  I am sure there are more, but thought I would come here for input. 

@SeaMaiden shared with me some of her feeding ideas and I am taking them under advisement, too.  I am beside myself because he has skin/itching issues that we are dealing with now.  I make his food, but would consider trying this raw feeding.

Anyone have some words of advise to pass on?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: RAW FEEDERS - DO YOU ORDER ONLINE??

There are many methodologies for raw feeding.  Guess I take the easy way and purchase a product that is a complete diet. I do add things from time to time, however on a daily basis I know they are getting a nutritionally appropiate/complete meal.   I get it locally at a small shop and they can order any protein I want.  They were very helpful discussing the various products they carry and how they should be used.  You may want to find a place close to you and work with them, It can get overwhelming the amount of information and different opinions you will get.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @CrazyDaisy.  Do you rotate the protein you feed? 

What improvement (if any) did you notice with your dogs?

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks, @CrazyDaisy.  Do you rotate the protein you feed? 

What improvement (if any) did you notice with your dogs?

Yes I do rotate.  I try to stay with the leaner ones because it helps maintain weight but will throw in some beef once in awhile to mix it up.  I think is does help to maintain their weight and it makes them feel full longer.  My dogs are active in performance sports so it is important to have a strong immune system since they are around other dogs and is new situations all the time.  I think raw helps with keeping everything in balance and seldom have digestive issues many dogs get when competing

I will also say that I feed one meal raw and the other is a high quality grain free kibble.  As much as I travel it is not always easy for me to transport the raw product (although some do).  If I was only feeding one I might give it a try but with two large dogs kibble is much easier to transport.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @CrazyDaisy.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs,Yes i have bought tylees,have you tried honest kitchen,then adding some fresh protein? I usually feed acana, orjen, i also buy honest kitchen now and then, i buy canned pink salmon, sardines, eggs ,and frsh chicken or beef to add plus veggies.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@tends2dogs,Yes i have bought tylees,have you tried honest kitchen,then adding some fresh protein? I usually feed acana, orjen, i also buy honest kitchen now and then, i buy canned pink salmon, sardines, eggs ,and frsh chicken or beef to add plus veggies.

Thank you so much responding, @goldensrbest.  This is quite the learning process.  I found a local place that sells different raw food and that the woman there is very helpful....I will find out.  I am heading there today. 

Where do you order from, may I ask?

Right now, the vet wants him to stick with turkey because of his inflammatory bowel.  I realize that that isn't going to be balanced, but I want to introduce him slowly. 

TA