Honored Contributor

Re: Questions about Himalayan cats

@Drythe   I love the story of your Katrina survivor kitties.  I think Himalayan cats are beautiful, especially flame points.  I can't imagine how anyone could ever leave their pets behind to fend for themselves for any reason.  Thank God for the neighbor that heard them crying, and thank God for you for rescuing them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@Drythe   I love the story of your Katrina survivor kitties.  I think Himalayan cats are beautiful, especially flame points.  I can't imagine how anyone could ever leave their pets behind to fend for themselves for any reason.  Thank God for the neighbor that heard them crying, and thank God for you for rescuing them.

@NickNack 

Thank you.

I hope you are doing well.  You and Henry have been on my mind. 

The Flame point was my best friend, and constant companion.  I had some very, scary sick times during his life.  He stayed absolutely by my side, IV poles, dressings, physical therapy, nothing moved him.  About once an hour he would sit up, gaze deeply into my eyes (as he always did), then look carefully around the room, noting that everything was in place. Satisfied, he would settle back beside me.  It was for all the world as if the Senior Head Nurse had come in to assure that all was as it should be.

I do know that awful empty pain.  It has been several years, and there will always be a Spike (his name) shaped hole in my heart.  

Thinking with {{{hugs}}} of you and @dooBdoo .

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@NickNack 

Thank you.

I hope you are doing well.  You and Henry have been on my mind. 

The Flame point was my best friend, and constant companion.  I had some very, scary sick times during his life.  He stayed absolutely by my side, IV poles, dressings, physical therapy, nothing moved him.  About once an hour he would sit up, gaze deeply into my eyes (as he always did), then look carefully around the room, noting that everything was in place. Satisfied, he would settle back beside me.  It was for all the world as if the Senior Head Nurse had come in to assure that all was as it should be.

I do know that awful empty pain.  It has been several years, and there will always be a Spike (his name) shaped hole in my heart.  

Thinking with {{{hugs}}} of you and @dooBdoo .

Thank you @Drythe .  Our pets can be great comforters and companions.  It sounds like Spike was that and more for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Bless you, for opening up your home to a senior pet!  I am sure she will have a happy life with you and your DH.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   The hoarsness is probably due to the Siamese in her.  I adopted  a big, three legged Hymalayan with blue eyes, at an older age.  He eventually developed a heart condition that was dire so I let him go.  He was so sweet, and coming into a house with other cats, made no trouble at all, very layed back.

If you need specifics of this breed, I am sure google can help. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Bless you, for opening up your home to a senior pet!  I am sure she will have a happy life with you and your DH.

Not to get too mushy or anything, but we feel like we were fortunate to find her. She's so sweet and affectionate and she loves being on a lap.