Honored Contributor

Re: Question for today, is your pet spoiled?

Our cat isn't spoiled, he just knows what he wants and how to ask for it.He is much loved and gives us much love in return.

Trusted Contributor

My dog is part of the family....and being that she is totally dependent on us for everything....she is well taken care of. I would not call her spoiled. No, she is not a working farm dog, and she does not live outside.  She is a city dog.  She probably lives a better life than many people do and eats better than them as well. But, she deserves it and gives me love in return.  

Frequent Contributor

I have a very "spoilt" beagle!

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Kachina624 Your doggie has such a friendly face!  Seems like you could tell her anything, and she'd totally understand.  Smiley Happy

She's a collie and has the typical collie temperament.  She looks a bit sad in that picture but is a lot happier these days.  She loves people.

Kachina, I remember the story of the hoarding situation. Your collie is beautiful, so wonderful that you were involved in helping those fabulous dogs.

Thanks colliemom.  I'm really enjoying being able to brush her in one minute or less.  Smoothies aren't popular here but they love them in Arizona.  It's hard to think of them as collies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

My 2 bassets are very much loved and the male is spoiled too.He recently became diabetic,plus has terrible arthritis and recurrent UTI's with blood,so he takes several pills each day.

The only way he will take his meds is in a little piece of sharp Velveeta cheese.We tried the 2 % Velvetta and that threw him off,so we learned not to buy it...Some days he does not want to eat but we know he has to in order to get his insulin.So then we hand feed him.

The vet is fine with all of this.He,like us,just wants him to eat ,take his pills and his shot.

He is sweet as can be and does what we say but  is just picky about hating to take his pills..I think of his action's like a stubborn old man.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

Happy Daze - and what was more incredible is that his spirit/temperment were as special as his beauty!  Bengals sometimes get a bad rap as "wild cats", but our two were sweethearts around us AND strangers.

Well that is even more special then! I was at a store once and the owner had a Bengal. Oh my gosh I was so in love and that cat was HUGE! It wasn't as unique in the pattern as yours but still beautiful nonetheless and incredibly friendly and powerful. IF I were to ever get a cat again, it would be a Bengal. He is a beauty, denisemb!

Bengals are striking, and Savannahs (African Serval / domestic cat  hybrid) are even larger - and taller:

7e956c9adfe8937769bbcf0bda4de5e1.jpg (198×300)

reeu+%E2%80%AB%28190691358%29%E2%80%AC+%E2%80%AB%E2%80%AC.jpg (320×233)

19-savannah-cute-cat-635726029932697625-2142.jpg (290×241)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Kachina624 Your doggie has such a friendly face!  Seems like you could tell her anything, and she'd totally understand.  Smiley Happy

She's a collie and has the typical collie temperament.  She looks a bit sad in that picture but is a lot happier these days.  She loves people.

Kachina, I remember the story of the hoarding situation. Your collie is beautiful, so wonderful that you were involved in helping those fabulous dogs.

Thanks colliemom.  I'm really enjoying being able to brush her in one minute or less.  Smoothies aren't popular here but they love them in Arizona.  It's hard to think of them as collies.

RC Collies' coats keep them cooler in AZ, and still protect them from the sun etc., right?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@denisemb wrote:

You tell me (it was a dish of ice cream).

CIMG0065.JPG

That is awesome! lol! That is an incredibly beautiful cat!

She just looks so soft. She's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

My little tuxedo cat  Bogart isn't "spoiled" ...... but he has taken his righteous place as Prince Bogey in the household.      He's loving, well adjusted and friendly.

What more could I ask for?   Heart

Honored Contributor

tinkrbl, Your Bogey is everything you expect a pet to be.  He sounds very well-adjusted and happy.

My little sweetie, the rescued collie, just discovered how to get into the locked kitchen garbage can.  When I sharply tell her "No!" She looks at me like I'm crazy.  She has rarely heard it and is clueless as to its meaning.  I told you she was spoiled.  No more Ms Nicegirl here; I'm playing hardball.  Sort of.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment