Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those who feed dry dog kibble to their dog.

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Sweet, @Lilysmom !  I have a "sheprador" - black lab/German shepherd mix.  Fantastic dog.

How's the new pup, @SeaMaiden  - or did you?  Maybe I haven't kept up.

@Sweetbay magnolia   The new pup Buddy is doing great!  He is such a joy!  It has not even been a week and he feels like family!

I still have great sadness in my heart losing my  4 year old Golden ZaZu😪  so suddenly. But having my other Golden Lola....and the two year old  Lab, Buddy, help to heal the hurt I feel.

I think it was meant to happen that Buddy joined us.  I see things that honestly I can not explain that make me wonder if ZaZu did not play a part in this joining of the pup and us. Things the pup does that my ZaZu did......etc.   it is strange in a beautiful way!  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad for you!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia, I can confirm your suspicions:  ZaZu did bring your new pup to you.  I know about "simiar" things, et al.  My Jade brought my Eddy.  

Somehow they know what we need before we do:  though they are always with us, imho, it's their final 'gift' to us.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia, I can confirm your suspicions:  ZaZu did bring your new pup to you.  I know about "simiar" things, et al.  My Jade brought my Eddy.  

Somehow they know what we need before we do:  though they are always with us, imho, it's their final 'gift' to us.

@eddyandme - it's @SeaMaiden you want to tell this to - we were conversing about it, though.  I did go a little off-topic in the middle of the thread and probably created some confusion.

It's a very sweet sentiment and there is harmony in the world at times, isn't there?

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme - it's @SeaMaiden you want to tell this to - we were conversing about it, though.  I did go a little off-topic in the middle of the thread and probably created some confusion.

It's a very sweet sentiment and there is harmony in the world at times, isn't there?

Sorry, @Sweetbay magnolia ,  Should have addressed my comment to @SeaMaiden.  And yes, when we can go with the flow, it all comes together! .  

Respected Contributor

I feed my dog a senior dry food but it also has softer chunks of "chicken" in it. She loves it and has no digestion issues. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme    Thank you❤️  Beautifully stated!😊. I knew you were addressing me.

Honored Contributor

Smiley Happy@KingstonsMom wrote:

Kingston has his kibble dry, not moist, but he gets a variety of add-ins to the kibble.

Shredded cheese, cooked chicken, cooked liver, scrambled egg etc., but the kibble remains dry.

Thats how I feed my dogs.  Dry kibble with something protein or enticing on top.  

Honored Contributor

I do both, in the morning they get dry,afternoon meal they get dry ,mixes with fresh  veggies, and fresh protein ,i add a bit of water,because i have been adding either dry goats milk, just started colostrum.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden , Did your dog get into food, is that the reason it got bloat?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.