Contributor

In one of your earlier posts (a while ago) you showed a print that you had received as a gift.  It shows a girl holding an orange cat.  I think you were showing a picture of your Schmoo memorial and this print was included.  I was hoping you could repost that picture as I am hoping to order the same print.  I found the artist on the internet and now I just need to look at the print one more time before I order it.  I'm a big fan of orange cats and have had several over the years.  I've enjoyed your many postings about your wonderful Schmoo and your other fur babies.  I'm looking forward to reading your book. For now I'll continue to enjoy your posts.  Thanks for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for Sammycat

[ Edited ]

Hi Chichimom,

I'm happy to help and I'm working away on the Schmoo book -- I appreciate your support over the years as we struggled to make Schmoo's life as comfy as possible.  Below is the picture of his memorial shelf -- right above the box with his ashes.  The print is from the artist's collection called "Country Cats" and the title of this particular print is called "Comforts."  I can make this picture bigger if that would make it easier to see -- let me know!

Schmoo chichimom print.jpg

Contributor

Thanks Sammycat.  This is just what I needed.  Now I know which one to order.  Have a great evening!

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Chichimom,

I'm happy to help and I'm working away on the Schmoo book -- I appreciate your support over the years as we struggled to make Schmoo's life as comfy as possible.  Below is the picture of his memorial shelf -- right above the box with his ashes.  The print is from the artist's collection called "Country Cats" and the title of this particular print is called "Comforts."  I can make this picture bigger if that would make it easier to see -- let me know!

Sammycat...

Who is the artist? Neither you nor ChiChimom mentioned their name in your posts. Please advise. Thanks!

I'd love to get a copy of that print because the kitty looks a lot like my Henry. He'll be 11 years old next week (I rescued him 3 years ago...he was dumped)  and he's a big old sweetheart of a  boy...and with a girth somewhat similar to Schmoo's!

By the way, I have the same Jim Shore scuplture.

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Chichimom,

Sammycat...

Who is the artist? Neither you nor ChiChimom mentioned their name in your posts. Please advise. Thanks!

I'd love to get a copy of that print because the kitty looks a lot like my Henry. He'll be 11 years old next week (I rescued him 3 years ago...he was dumped)  and he's a big old sweetheart of a  boy...and with a girth somewhat similar to Schmoo's!

Hi Beastielove, 

The artist's name is Laura Seeley...and I remember that we both have the same Jim Shore sculpture...it really speaks to me!

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1, I love the Jim Shore cat figurine.  I'm not one for a lot of knick-knacks (don't like to dust them!), but I'd love something like that with a dog.  I googled it, but either Jim Shore didn't make one for dogs, or they're not available now. 

Thankfully, our cat is still with us, so the cat figurine can wait--for a long time, I hope!  Your memorial to Schmoo is beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@beastielove wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Chichimom,

Sammycat...

Hi Beastielove, 

The artist's name is Laura Seeley...and I remember that we both have the same Jim Shore sculpture...it really speaks to me!

Sammycat...

Thanx for the info! See you at the Schmoo thread! :-)

--------------------------------