Honored Contributor

I have had birds for 25 plus years and never have fed them differently during molting.  I offer them always quality seed, fresh vegetables etc... and they just consume that.  They may eat more duting this time, but, I never have supplement their diet with special food or anything.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, Solomon Eclectus parrot mom...

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Any pellet suggestions?  My cockatiel used to eat  Zupreem, but now he won't.

Have always used Roudybush

===================

Ordered.

Hope he likes it.

Thanks.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Funny you say that ... our Cockatoo has always eaten Zupreem Natural pellets, but since I bought a new bag 2 weeks ago -  he throws them out of the bowl. I noticed they were a different color than usual, so I don't know if they've changed the ingredients or not. I'll have to check the look of the pellets next time I'm at the store. For now, he's eating the smaller Zupreem food the Sun Conure eats ... but I'll have to see if that version changed, too. I'll have to try Roudybush next, I guess.

As for the OP's question ... I don't change diet when the birds molt ... just change the water more often because they tend to bathe more.

The color IS different.  That's when my bird stopped eating Zupreem.  That was over a year ago.  Now, he won't eat any pellets by that company, so they must've changed the formula.  Too bad for them.  I'm sure this is happening to other bird owners.

As per Crazy Daisy, I ordered 3 different kinds of Roudybush from drs. foster& smith.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

I have a dove, probably 15 years old, maybe more. The idea of changing his diet when molting never crossed my mind! I just use the Dustbuster a lot.

Contributor

I use lafebers pellets with Kaytee forte seeds. Everyone is happy.

Valued Contributor

Harrrisons along with fresh veggies and fruits.

Respected Contributor

I feed my birds a mix of fruit, veggies, zupreem fruit blend pellets and Harrison's bird bread daily. There is no special diet for molting that I know of. 

Respected Contributor

I dont change a thing. They do  appreciate baths

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Have always used Roudybush

===================

Ordered.

Hope he likes it.

Thanks.

I can't believe it.  My bird will NOT eat the Roudybush.  It got good reviews too! 

Unfortunately, I bought three bags.  Woman Sad