Honored Contributor

Re: Puppy with canine megaesophagus gets help

I just want to add to both @HappyDaze and @SandGirl that you are extra special people.

I know many of us have taken in animals who had special needs to varying degrees, but both of you really did so very much to help your guys.  I know it gives me an extra warm feeling. 

It feels funny to say "thank you" since none of it was done for me, of course, but good and kind acts like yours do make the world just that much better a place for all of us. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach no need to thank me, it is truly my pleasure and my drive in life. I just love animals so much and I truly feel like I have been put on this earth to help them in any way I can. But thank you, that is sweet. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How did I know you would say something just like that!  

OK, until late Sunday/early Monday!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach and @HappyDaze  You BOTH are so special for being so caring to your fur-babies too.  I have always been a animal lover, helping all I can, I have honestly never had a puppy (except when I was a little girl) My husband and I rescued our first boy when he was 11 months, he was the one with megaesophagus and then found our now 11 1/2 year old lab when a friend at work went through a divorce and he had nowhere for his lab to go so we took him in and he is the one that has diabetes now.  We have it fully under control, take his blood before meals, feed him low fat food with lots of fiber and give him insulin twice daily.

They give us WAY more than we give them, I truly feel that I am the lucky one.  Our lives have forever changed after losing our beloved Levi but, we are trying to move forward and will continue to rescue and help others in his honor, it's the least we can do and there are SO MANY out there and I just wish I could save them all.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

How did I know you would say something just like that!  

OK, until late Sunday/early Monday!!

@GingerPeach Heart yes, can't wait until Sunday's show! Smiley Happy