Honored Contributor

Puppy found at burned out property

[ Edited ]

I would have stayed behind before leaving my puppy to burn..... just me....but I am an animal lover....

SAFE AND SOUND: After days of wildfire devastation, the Butte County Sheriff’s office has shared this survival story, with deputies discovering puppy at a burned-out property where the owner was forced to evacuate quickly. The dog, nicknamed Trooper, was treated for minor burns.
9FDAD434-3BE6-452F-A087-82B62E220AD3.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Re: Puppy found at burned out property

[ Edited ]

They couldn't pick up that poor puppy up as they left? That would not be me at all!

Honored Contributor

@DJP    Not having been in that situation, I don't think we can judge.  They may have been hysterical, with young children, and totally panicked.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

No excuse.  Our animals are a gift.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJP 

I would NEVER willingly leave an animal behind!

Having been on the Search and Rescue side, have seen that Sadly, sometimes they sense the on coming danger, dart away, break off of leads, dash out of cars, break out of a safe holding place, and HIDE themselves WELL.  Despite the Best efforts and intent they are not always grabbable.  

This is a very Fortunate, and no doubt grateful Pup!

Happy for Him/Her and family.

Going to be a BIG BOY - look at those FEET!

Blessings to all of them. 💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Tinker Toy 👍

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 👍

Respected Contributor

Ah, sweet puppy.  I hope it's not suffering.  

May this puppy find a loving home after being treated & feeling better.  It deserves some comfort & love.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Having 3 cats, I know how well these animals can hide when they want to.  I try to keep up with the their favorite hiding spots, but sometimes after I think I have scoured the house I'll turn around and find the cat I was looking for standing behind me.  

I'm just glad Sambo accepts his daily medicine.  I would really hate to have to track him down every evening to give it to him.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would have stayed behind before leaving my puppy to burn..... just me....but I am an animal lover....

@SeaMaiden - I'm with you.  There is no way I could leave my cats behind.  We all go or none of us do.  Anyone with animals should have a plan in place, in the event of something like this.

I'm just glad this little fellow was found and is being taken care of.