Honored Contributor

Puppy Survives Euthanasia, is Adopted!

A puppy that miraculously survived being euthanized has now found a forever home after the animal shelter was inundated with applications to adopt him.

The 7 to 8-month-old puppy named Rudolph was given a lethal injection at an overcrowded Oklahoma animal shelter earlier this month. 

Despite the injection, the Lab American Pitbull mix defied the odds and miraculously woke up soon after.

The vet opted not to euthanize Rudolph again and his survival story quickly made headlines. 

Kings Harvest Pet Rescue, a no-kill shelter in Davenport, Iowa, asked if they could take Rudolph in until he could find a forever home.  

'He's a miracle dog, absolutely,' shelter employee Kylie Jo Mitchell told WQAD. 

'I've never heard of anything like this ever, this is a first.

'He was euthanized and when they returned to that room they came back and Rudolph was alive.' 

Mitchell said the adoption interest in Rudolph was overwhelming. 

Rudolph has since been taken in by an unidentified man.

'Rudolph is heading to his forever home. It was a tough decision with so many wonderful applications but Rudolph fell in love with this young man and the feeling was mutual,' the shelter said in a post.  

One man who was among those trying to adopt Rudolph was Jacob Hommer. 

Hommer and his family have been raising dogs to live with combat wounded veterans and Purple Heart recipients.

Rudolph has since been taken in by this unidentified man who was among those to see his miraculous survival story

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6640343/Miracle-puppy-survived-euthanized-finds-forever-hom...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Puppy Survives Euthanasia, is Adopted!

I wish ALL shelters were no kill shelters, it just breaks my heart.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

http://www.playball.net/fs/img/news/rs-300x/emoticon-showing-thumb-up-vector-10176350.jpg

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  What a story!  That sweet doggie was never meant to die.  I'm sure he'll be the best pet ever!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

What a beautiful story. Thanks @KingstonsMom.

RUDOLPH YOU GO LIVE A HAPPY DOGGEY LIFE. YIPEEE.HeartHeartHeartHeart

Respected Contributor

So glad the puppy found a good home. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Deleted

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@MalteseMomma

OMG!!!!

I could've lived the rest of my life without reading that!

It may be true, but I personally will have nightmares thinking about this.

I would bet that other animal lovers will too. It may be true, but it's extremely disturbing to realize/think about.

@KingstonsMom

I'm so sorry,I know it has been over 50 yrs and it still grieves me!  I will go back and delete my post.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma

I know that you're a very kind poster and one of our avid animal lovers.

You were just stating facts you knew about, but sometimes the facts are too brutal to hear.

I appreciate that you removed the heartbreaking post.Heart