Respected Contributor

Prescription items for your pets

If you have little fur babies like I do that are on prescriptions, try checking out the pricing on Walmart pet rx dot com.

I was able to save a lot of money vs. the vet pricing for prescriptions that are on-going.  Of course, if they need something right away I would purchase from my local vet, but after checking all the on-line sites, I found that they had the best price for the two pills that my Chloe are on long term.  Also free 2-day shipping. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prescription items for your pets

I buy my presccriptions and my dog's from Costco pharmacy. One need not be a member to use the pharmacy.

Honored Contributor

Publix supermarkets are also now carrying pet meds!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

If you need compounded meds, Wedgewood Pharmacy (dot) com is a good place.  Also, if it's a really expensive prescription, you might look into a Canadian pharmacy.  My vet even suggested it.  I know a lot of the feline asthma folks get their inhalers from Canadian pharmacies.

Esteemed Contributor

When my girl had cancer, I found out different pharmacies charge different prices for the same med!  These difference in charges are not minimal!

Always price check!

Valued Contributor

When you need prescriptions for your pets check out goodrx.com.  My dog was on fludrocortisone and the best prices changed from one pharmacy to another over the 10 or so years she was on it.  It came DOWN in price.  I always check my own prescriptions also.

Trusted Contributor

I get a prescription from my vet and use goodrx also. The tramadol  from the vet is very expensive. At the Giant Eagle pharmacy the cost without goodrx wa $196. With goodrx it was $7.17.