Esteemed Contributor

Prayers please for another Pet Lovers forum dog in trouble

Hello Pet Lovers--

A wonderful lady who normally posts primarily within the Pet Lovers forum on the Schmoo thread is facing a crisis with her poodle dog, Joey.  She is @Shop Till you Drop.

Shop, as we call her, is a very long-time poster here and one of the most loyal, generous of spirit, kind and compassionate pet owners.  She lost her beloved mother to cancer after a very long, hard-fought battle in February. 

She had two poodle boys, elderly gentlemen who loved her mother, loved her, and loved life.  Their names:  Jake and Joey.  We called them "the Double J's."

Before her mother passed, she lost Jake.  And recently she saw Joey not feeling good.  A trip to the vet just revealed that Joey has an aggressive form of lymphoma.

This lady has been through everything, but through it all, she always reaches out to others. When one of our cats faced what seemed an immediate death sentence, she rallied to him everyday--even getting her Sunday School class to pray for him and do prayer projects on our behalf. That kitty should have died in days but instead lived for years--and I believe this miracle came in large part from people who would not give up on him or us, people just like her.

Please rally for her and her dog now--thank you!

Valued Contributor

Re: Prayers please for another Pet Lovers forum dog in trouble

As a long-time reader of the Schmoo thread (even tbough I've never posted), I am familiar with the heartaches Shop has endured lately and how much her Joey means to her.  Sending up prayers for this precious boy immediately.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop

Sending your precious Joey tons

of special healing prayers and positive

energy and sending tons of love filled

comfort hugs to the both of you.

(((((HeartSHOP & HER PRECIOUS JOEYHeart)))))

@Sammycat1 

Bless your beautiful heart for

starting this thread for our

dear friend and her sweet boy.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Super Contributor

Shop, you are so loved and appreciated for your kind, caring heart. You've been through so much and I hate to hear that your precious pup isn't well. You and Joey are in my prayers. You have lifted my spirit many times when I have been struggling with an illness in my pets. I only hope that you can feel the love, caring and positive thoughts that surround you now from other pet lovers. Please take good care of yourself as you are caring for your Joey.

Respected Contributor

Praying for Shop & Joey 🙏

Honored Contributor

@Shop and Joey you are both in my thoughts and  I will keep you in my heart ❤️ Please let us know how you are both doing.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop I will say a prayer for your Joey tonight.  I'm so sorry to hear he has lymphoma.  I'm also very sorry for the loss of your mother and Jake.  I lost my mother in 2000, and I still think of her every day.  

I will drop in on the Schmoo thread and try to keep up with how Joey is doing.  I hope there is something the Vets can do to help him.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Many prayers, for both she and her beloved dog!

Super Contributor

Sending lots of healing thoughts and prayers to Shop....

Joey2.jpg

Super Contributor

Sending my prayers for Shop and Joey...