Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for our little T-Max...

For those who do not know me.. we have five rescue dogs one is a 6 pound Yorki mix named T-Max. Our dogs were in our fenced in yard .. Libby [my daughter ] and I were watching them we were taking them all in the house [we have to walk around the side to get into our house from the backyard] anyway a baby deer walked out in front of us and all the dogs started to bark. T-Max got away from me as we put the others in the house safely. Libby and I caught T-Maxs leash but, it was too late a Momma deer stomped and kicked him. Libby threw a can at her and she ran off. And our dear boy was on the ground bloody and unable to get up. We wrapped him up in a towel and took him to the vet. He had a Ex-ray and he has three broken ribs and two broken teeth everything else checked out alright . This happened on Tuesday. He is home now but, on pain pills .. we have to bring him back for another Ex-ray next week and the broken teeth will be removed on Saturday. We brought him wee wee pads and he is on rest for three days. He eats but, is on soft  food until the teeth [broken ones] are removed. Libby brought him a big fluffy toy to lay on which he loves and Tanya is here until next week when she goes back to school. He is being spoiled rotten,,,the [four legged] brothers four are being quiet and staying away but, watching his every move. Asking for prayers for T-Max to come to his self again and will want to go out again. I will never feed the deer again ever, in fact I will shoo them away if they come near my home. Anna

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers for our little T-Max...

[ Edited ]

T-Maxx is in my thoughts and prayers poor little guy, sounds as if he is being very well taken care of, please keep us updated!

Respected Contributor

Deer can stomp a person to death - poor T-Max!  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  Prayers sent his way - praying for his recovery.  Poor baby!  Give him a big kiss for all of us.  I'm always cautious when I walk by a deer, especially if it has it's babies with it.  They are beautiful, but watch out if you rile them.  They usually stomp and snort - give a little warning first.  Usually.

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Deer can stomp a person to death - poor T-Max!  I can't imagine what you must be going through.  Prayers sent his way - praying for his recovery.  Poor baby!  Give him a big kiss for all of us.  I'm always cautious when I walk by a deer, especially if it has it's babies with it.  They are beautiful, but watch out if you rile them.  They usually stomp and snort - give a little warning first.  Usually.

I thank you so much... We have always fed  the deer and did not know until the attack that they could be so harmful.  Thank you for posting this. I will be more careful next time. We live in NJ and we have herds and herds of them... in several years they have become a problem as they go into backyards [that have no fences] and destroy property.  We had a HOA meeting about this and something will have to be done to thin out the herd. I will not care for them anymorein terms of leaving water and food. Bless you and again thank you for your post. Anna [I will update as we go along my vet is so surprised he is still living and doing so well due to his  size and weight.]

Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for your specail boy, T-Max, from me and my furbaby, Eddy!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

T-Maxx is in my thought and prayers poor little guy, sounds as if he is being very well taken care of, please keep us updated!

Oh yes.. I will and Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I wish the best for your little furbaby

People love wild animals but that's just what they are - wild.

Even squirrels.

I say, love them from afar, they won't go hungry.

@apple1964

Valued Contributor

Praying for T-Max... You and your daughter acted quickly to save him. Heart

Honored Contributor

Poor doggie.  🙏🙏🙏

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry this happened to T-Max.  I'm sure you and he were scared to death.  Thank goodness the can was nearby for your daughter to throw at the deer.  I will pray that he heals quickly and completely.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau