Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers for my Pug, please!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Trudey  I'm so sorry.  My last K-9 passed away five years ago and I  still haven't brought myself to get another, much as a miss having a dog. 

The best thing you can do for Trudey is be with her - she wants to be with her loved ones.  One thing bothers me in what you've posted is that your vet "thinks" what it is but isn't sure.   Can you go for an ultrasound or something (you don't leave the dog for long - not overnight) to find out for sure.  Maybe if it's not what your vet is thinking, there is some med you can give to Trudey for the seizures.  I think if it were I I'd want to know for sure what was wrong with the dog so you can determine a course of action (but I wouldn't do something extensive or that could kill her...).   Aren't there meds for seizures?  At any rate, I know you have her best interests at heart - I have no doubt you are doing/will do the right things for her.

@Pearlee. When we take her back to the Vet tomorrow, I'm definitely going to tell him that I want to know, for sure what is going on with her.  It's my fault that he doesn't know for certain, because I haven't been willing to leave her.  Is that selfish of me?  Anyway, I'm going to ask him to do an ultrasound to determine whether or not she has a pancreatic tumor.  I need to know what we are dealing with.  I have reduced her insulin because she is only eating meat/chicken and she weighs much less than she did when the dosage was originally set.  She appears to be doing better.  I would be heartbroken if I had been causing her seizures by giving her too much insulin (even though it was the amount prescribed).

Frequent Contributor

Hugs to you. You know you were would never do anything to harm her. You're a great pet Mom and she knows you love her. Stay with her, comfort her and do what you feel is best for your baby girl. Prayers and positive energy. 👍🏼🤗🍀🙏🏻💙

Respected Contributor

@MEM22. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Please let us know what the Vet says today.  I've been praying for you both.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Prayers continue for Truedy and you too!

Respected Contributor

My sweet Trudey passed away this morning.  My heart is broken and I can't stop crying. She had another seizure that lasted over 5 minutes this morning and just couldn't come back from it.  Thank you all for your prayers.

Respected Contributor

@Trudey

Oh my dear .... there are no words right now except to say you did everything you could for your "angel' and now that she crossed over, be strong in knowing the suffering is over.

So many on this thread are praying for you.

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze. Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Spoiler

I'm so sorry 😢. I found this site very helpful when I suffered a loss.

www.rainbowbridge.org

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to read that Trudey passed away.  Losing a beloved pet is always so hard.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau