Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for forum friend losing her kitty to cancer this afternoon

[ Edited ]

Eleven years ago, I "met" a delightful woman here on the pet forum who, like me, loves cats and jewelry.

We bonded and started to communicate via email, and our friendship grew over the years. Both of us saw the other through painful losses of our cats. A New Yorker to the core, she rescued and cared for so many ferals and strays over the years.

Today, her last cat, Precious--born in her garage some 18 years ago--is likely losing her valiant fight with jaw cancer.  Precious and my friend are two peas in a pod, loving their gentle cuddles, basking in each other's presence.

I humbly ask your prayers for Precious and my dear, dear friend.  They have been fighting a mighty fight and my friend has the courage to end the pain for her cherished girl.  It's killing her to be separated from her, but it's killing her more to see her girl's suffering.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Prayers for forum friend losing her kitty to cancer this afternoon

@Sammycat1  Thoughts and prayers for your dear friend and her kitty, Precious.  It's never a easy decision to make even if you know in your heart it's the right thing to do.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am lifting your dear friend, and her Precious kitty in prayer. My prayer is for peace, for both of them. 

7b48a0ce8a51011f313200fde0ce3676.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   I truly understand your bond with your friend, but I more understand her bond with her Precious.  I have that kind of deep bond with my Maxwell Fergus kitty and will cherish it with him as long as we have each other. My heart hurts for her and her beloved kitty! I am saying prayers for your friend and her Precious, nothing can separate their hearts, even death, one day they will be back together!  God bless you, your friend and her Precious kitty!

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  ~ Sending heartfelt thoughts and prayers to your dear friend and Precious.  Although painful for the heart, there will be no more pain and suffering.  So many of us have been there, and the hardest thing is having to let go.  I'm sure you will be her "rock" during this very sad time.  

Respected Contributor

Praying for Precious and your dear friend.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prayers for your friend and her beloved Precious.

This morning, I visited a woman who rescues disabled dogs and cats.  A tiny dog with a wheelchair on his back end greeted me at the fence.  He was happy to just be out in the sun and told me so with his whole body.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I was delivering fleece blankets for her current crew.  All of them in loving care.

I mourn all creatures, great and small...but there is something especially wonderful about cats and dogs.

Precious will live on in spirit until she and your friend can be reunited.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  thank you for sharing with us this heartbreaking news. My prayers are with your friend. 

Respected Contributor

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1, I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s loss of her darling Precious.  She is doing the right thing, but it sure isn’t easy.  She is so fortunate to have such a good friend to help her deal with this situation