Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers Please for a Very Good Cat

@Jazzycat1and @J Town Girl  Thank You for sending hearts to Tuck-Tucks  More hearts in a growing bouquet of energy and well wishes!

Respected Contributor

TODAYS UPDATE  Spoke with Mr. by phone this afternoon. Tuck-Tucks is holding his own mostly.  Still eating. Still enjoying time with his people.  The leg still doesn't seem to hurt but it does seem like he's losing a bit more conrol of it. His dad says it's swinging under him sometimes and tripping him up.  They picked him up and took him to his litterbox and naturally Tuck-Tucks took the opportunity to use the facilities.  Smart boy that cat.  So he's comfortable just laying around being the center of attention, that's good.  I can hear it in Mr's voice, the veiled sadness behind the " You're a good old Boy aren't you."  SO, comfortable for today.  They have my offer if I'm needed after dark.  We will see what Tomorrow brings.

I told them all about the Many, Many folks here wishing them all peace and comfort through all this.  Mr. ,the big softie, put Mrs. on the phone.  She thanked you all profusely.  It touched her that so many people, tho they've never even met, would offer such words of comfort to her little fellow.  I thank you too.

Respected Contributor

@yasushi  and @Imaoldhippie  Many thanks for your hearts for Tuck-Tucks. Every little thought is a little ray of comfort.

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal  thank you for your heart going out to Tuck-Tucks He truely is a Very good Cat and worthy of every good thought.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update @candys mine .  I've checked for news from you here today and have been thinking of Tuck-Tucks and his owners/family.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Tinker Toyand @KBEANS  Thank you for the Hearts for dear Tuck-Tucks. Your thoughts are really appreciated!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine wrote:

Heartfelt thanks @beastielove , @Yahooey ,@K9buddy, @1Snickers ,@SilverLining,@denisemb, @Leggett28 , @KitTkat , @Sweet Charlotte, @Toppers3 and @Mimi 1883.  Thank you all for the well wish hearts for Tuck-Tucks.  He's a grand old gentleman.

Hi @candys mine ,

I had been thinking of what to say...Heart

It's so amazing when our pets live to be this age.

Our oldest kitty lived to be about 21, and she passed away in January of last year.

She had developed a hyper-thyroid when she was 18, and many health issues came along with that, including kidney issues. 

Her little body finally started to shut down, and that's what sent her to Rainbow Bridge. 

Tuck-Tucks and his beloved family have been in my thoughts and prayers since I came across this thread.

The resiliency of animals never ceases to amaze me. They have such unconditional love and strength of that love for their human family, and this is another case of how it shows.

I pray for peaceful days for Tuck-Tucks.

He and his family are also lucky to have such a friend as you in their lives, too. 

Sending loving thoughts your/their way, that all can go as well as possible for everyone. Heart

Respected Contributor

@candys mine 

Thanks so much for Tuck-Tucks update.

I think we posted is because so many of us have been down that road & understand the nervousness, worry & sadness for their poor kitty boy.  It's never a happy time, but perhaps relief knowing our pets are out of their discomfort & on their way to The Bridge and that they aren't alone, but instead, being welcomed & loved until we all meet them again.

Please tell Mr. & Mrs., they're in our hearts.  Heart  Sending them hugs & prayers.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3  What a beautiful post.  Nearly 21 years old is testament to what a good team you and kitty were.  It IS so hard when the years catch up with them. Hyperthyroid and kidney disease seem to go hand in hand. The Thyroid revs up the metabolizm so much that if you can get that under control the reduction of circulation through the kidneys to a normal level reveals that there's a problem with them too.  Controling them both in a kitty so old was an achievment. 

Thank you for those kind words

Respected Contributor

@sceniccoast   I totally agree with you.  The worry that he is not well and the worry they will need to let him go are feelings so many of us have lived through.  I will indeed pass on the well wishes. Thank you so very much.