Honored Contributor

Re: Possibly My Favorite Picture Of Frankie

Dear @NickNack 

Such a Beautiful, Sweet, Trusting face.  That doggie Knew she was Very Much Loved.  You gave her that, you showed her that it was safe to allow her Love and Trust to blossom.

I am thinking of you, Henry and  Frankie this evening.  

You were the Best Mom, and in the end, you gave Frankie the Best and Most Difficult Gift we can give those we love - You let her go with Love, Kindness, and Dignity.

Peace to all of you and may the memory of the happy times comfort you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@NickNack   It's a beautiful picture.  Do you have a copy on the wall or on one of your devices?   I have a copy of a picture of my Jake and me as the screen saver on my phone.  I lost him in September 2015.  The screen saver on my iPad is of Tyler, who I lost in October last year.  I smile every time I open a device!

@ItsME   Thank you.  This picture is my screen saver.  I have a painting of her on my wall and a couple of framed pictures.  She'll always be with me in my heart.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Dear @NickNack 

Such a Beautiful, Sweet, Trusting face.  That doggie Knew she was Very Much Loved.  You gave her that, you showed her that it was safe to allow her Love and Trust to blossom.

I am thinking of you, Henry and  Frankie this evening.  

You were the Best Mom, and in the end, you gave Frankie the Best and Most Difficult Gift we can give those we love - You let her go with Love, Kindness, and Dignity.

Peace to all of you and may the memory of the happy times comfort you.

Thank you @Drythe .  There certainly were a lot of happy times.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I wanted to check in and see how you're doing today.Cat Happy

I lost my senior kitty during MLK weekend, so we were off, and then we had snow, so we had a few more days off.  At the time she was my only pet, and boy was the house quiet.  I can't really imagine how much more devastating this is during quarantine, when your routines are tied to pets all day long.  I'm sure the silence is magnified.  Cat Sad

I was also perusing a site that had sheets with French bulldogs.  I didn't know if it was too soon to see them.  If you want to see them I'll post them.  They just reminded me of something that you would like.Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   Thanks for checking on me. I'm sorry for the loss of your kitty.  I'm doing a little bit better each day.  My routine is all messed up though--letting Frankie out, feeding Frankie, telling Frankie good night, and other things.  Frankie was my constant companion and always by my side.

Henry is being very affectionate though and is good company.

I will probably get another Frenchie at some point.  I've thought about other breeds but the Frenchie is what I love.  I've seen French Bulldog sheets.  I have some French Bulldog flannel pajamas, which I think you posted for me one time.  I love them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Poppy & Fritz at Target, percale up to size queen- online only.

Printed Pattern Percale Cotton Sheet Set - Poppy & Fritz - image 2 of 3

Honored Contributor

So cute @lolakimono !  Thank you for showing them to me.

I couldn't see the picture on Safari.  I don't know why that happens.  I can see it on Firefox.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

I'm sorry for the loss of your precious senior kitty.  It's difficult adjusting afterwards.  Am I mistaken or do you have another kitty to comfort you?  I hope you do, as it is a big help in filling the void.

I'm worried with my 2 senior girls (will be 19 in Aug.)  They've been acting up the past several months but still eating & drinking well.  Most likely, doing much better than I would if I were their age.  Woman Wink

It's so thoughtful of you & many others here to keep in touch with @NickNack.  

@NickNack @lolakimono 

Sending you both warm thoughts & comfort hugs.  I hope you're both enjoying a beautiful, sunfilled day.

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast 

This was in 2014 that she passed. I have my two orangies, now about 7 years old, that I rescued that same year.  

I was just explaining that she passed during a long weekend, when we were off from school and work, and then we got snow so we had even more time in the house.  I can't imagine all of the people who are mourning during the quarantine.  Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

Sorry, I hadn't realized about the year.

The quarantine is making life difficult for many people, esp. who are mourning, etc.  I can't imagine myself in their place.