Honored Contributor

Re: Positive Thoughts For Kingston, Please!

@KingstonsMom 

Sending your precious boy tons

of strong healing prayers,positive

energy and warm comfort hugs!

(((((HeartKINGSTONHeart)))))

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Great news!  Kingston is quite the warrior!

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking about him these past few days and am so happy to see your post!

He really is a very special boy!Heart

I know you both will be so happy when he is home safe and healing and snuggling

away!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Good wishes Kingston, you got this Sweet boy!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I hope & pray Sweet Kingston stays strong both during surgery & after & is eager to return home to you, while on the mend.  I feel for your family missing each other & worrying.  When he returns home, be prepared for the licks & hugs with his large paws.  Good luck to all of you.  Heart

Honored Contributor

****UPDATE****

Kingston's second ACL surgery went so well, we can have him back home Wednesday instead of Thursday!

Oh Happy Day!Heart

I'll be doin' my HAPPY WELCOME HOME KINGSTON  dance and cooking all of his FAVE meals!

penguin GIF

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Sounds like it's going even better than last time.  Kingston is an ole pro.  Happy and relieved for you both.  I know there is restricted activity and therapy ahead but I feel like you are all going to handle it just fine.  We will still be thinking of you though. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom So happy for you both.  Kingston has such heart.  He knows you need him home and he also needs to be with his people.  What a true blessing you are to him.  Thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

****UPDATE****

Got this email from Kingston's surgeon yesterday with his update!

My boy sure loves his treats, LOL!

"Good afternoon!

Your boy is doing well with therapy! Kingston is using his leg consistently at a normal pace and the swelling and bruising are going down.  His appetite has been a little picky with food but he sure loves treats and his energy level is good. Kingston acts like he never left and has been very sweet.

Kingston will have his last treatment of phase one therapy and get his staples out Wednesday (5/19/21) morning and can go home anytime between 2pm and 6pm. He will then be in rest phase for 3 weeks which entails crate confinement and short leash walks. 

After the 3 week rest phase, Dr. Shealy will recheck and radiograph Kingston. As long as everything is healing as it should, we will start the 3 weeks (15 sessions) of phase two. This is when he will start the underwater treadmill and other exercises.  These sessions can either be done by appointment, as drop offs for a couple hours or the day, or Kingston can stay with us for the week. Just keep in mind that there are additional charges if staying overnight.

Thank you for letting us take care of Kingston again!"

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   This is the best news possible.  It sounds like the end of Kingston's problem is near.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau