Honored Contributor

Re: Popular flea collar linked to almost 1,700 pet deaths. The EPA has issued no warning.

[ Edited ]

I have used these for many years,because i did not want to use the other tick,and flea medications,we have ticks just awfull here in maine. Aso used diatomaceous earth ,in my yard, darn it do not want to kill bees.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Popular flea collar linked to almost 1,700 pet deaths. The EPA has issued no warning.

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have used these for many years,because i did not want to use the other tick,and flea medications,we have ticks just awfull here in maine. Aso used diatomaceous earth ,in my yard, darn it do not want to kill bees.

If you are by any chance in a rural area, guinea fowl can totally debug an acre in a day.  I have about a half an acre and considered opening a "rent a guinea" business.  They are awesome!

Valued Contributor

For my dogs, I do not use:

Flea Collars

Flea and tick prescriptions

Any treats made in China

Rawhide

I really feel like the Vet tries to make money pushing the flea and tick medicine, IMO.

Honored Contributor

NEVER EVER use toxic chemicals on your loved pets. That includes a toxic laden flea powders, sprays and flea collars. 

Honored Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If you are by any chance in a rural area, guinea fowl can totally debug an acre in a day.  I have about a half an acre and considered opening a "rent a guinea" business.  They are awesome!

My golden would kill them.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

NEVER EVER use toxic chemicals on your loved pets. That includes a toxic laden flea powders, sprays and flea collars. 

Lots of ticks here ,lyme diease is terrible,  i will have to re think this.

Honored Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

Flea Collars

Any treats made in China

Rawhide

I really feel like the Vet tries to make money pushing the flea and tick medicine, IMO.

@piperbay 

Add 'pig ears' to your list too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Many years ago, I watched one of my cats go into convulsions when I put a flea collar on her.  Couldn't get it off fast enough.  Have never and never will use another flea collar again.  My cats are indoor cats and have no contact with outside animals.  Have never had a problem with fleas.  I can't believe a company would be allowed to sell a product that could be so harmful to animals. 

Honored Contributor

@piperbay wrote:

Flea Collars

Any treats made in China

Rawhide

@piperbay   Yes!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@piperbay wrote:

Flea Collars

Any treats made in China

Rawhide

@piperbay 

Add 'pig ears' to your list too.

And hooves and antlers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment