Honored Contributor

Poor Kingston needs some virtual hugs From His Besties

[ Edited ]

He had his first PT appt. today, which includes his surgeon's exam and xrays.

His surgeon feels like he's healing well, so they proceeded with PT, which included 5 minutes on the underwater treadmill.

Because he was having a followup exam, we could not give him any pain meds prior, so his surgeon could see what his pain level was.

He decided to increase his pain meds, which we just gave him, as soon as he got home.

Poor baby, will NOT put any weight on that leg at all and has no interest in food or treats.

We hope the new pain med will kick in soon.

We plan to call the surgeon in the morning to see if maybe he should skip the underwater treadmill and only have the laser therapy, etc. at his appt. tomorrow.

All SMOOCHES appreciated!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poor Kingston needs some virtual hugs rom His Besties

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

I cannot stand to see an animal suffer.  Poor Kingston...hoping he will feel better soon.  It would just break my heart to know he didn't want food or treats Cat Sad

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for your sweet boy...hugs and kisses.

Honored Contributor

Poor sweetie, feel better soon Kingston❤

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

Big HUGS and well wishes for sweet Kingston. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Thank you so much!

Me neither, I get teary eyed watching him try to walk and get comfortable in his bed, but the meds seem to be kicking in, thankfully.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Big hug for Kingston, and a smooch !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

AW I wish I could give him a big hug right now! I know you need one too.

I hate when they do an exam to see the pain level! I never think that is necessary. Like it could be more gentle.We are all going with you virtually tomorrow so they better treat him very gently this time!

I hope Kingston and you have a good gentle night. Give him lots of hugs and kisses and snuggles and maybe sit down and eat with him his favorites.💓

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

Okay, I fess up.....we're spooning together on his favorite bed and if I stop stroking, he lets me know that he's not done yet!

So I keep on strokin'......LOL!

Nothin' like a mother's love to cure what ails ya', no matter what species mother you are!

Trusted Contributor

Sending Kingston a virtual hug and kisses. Hope he feels better soon.  We did laser therapy on our former lab, which helped but her hip dysplasia was too advanced. I have heard good things about laser therapy if the conditions are caught in time.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

So good!😘

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"