Trusted Contributor

Looking for a rec. I'm having increasing trouble bending down due to bad knees and currently a costochondritis flare (some of you may know how painful that is!). I need a portable one for when I walk my small-medium (15 lbs) dog. I live in the city so I have no backyard although I have a terrace. 

I'm seeing most scoopers don't have a bag and all you do is scoop up the poop which leaves a dirty, contaminated scooper.  People talk about hosing them off in their yard which obviously I can't do. So I guess I need the type where you can attach a small bag -- not a grocery sized bag.  Or any other suggestions?  Thanks.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

Check Amazon, they have several options.

Honored Contributor

@Deree   You can put dog poop bags on most pooper scoopers, then just turn bag inside out like you would with a bag on your hands.

Trusted Contributor

@KKWA  Yes I've looked on amazon.  What's confusing me is that most look like claws and I don't understand how to put a bag over claws if the claws have to open up and scoop ...@Pook.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

What's confusing me is that most look like claws and I don't understand how to put a bag over claws if the claws have to open up and scoop

@Deree   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QD0fhadLfs

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Mz iMac  Still looking for a design that isn't too cumbersome that I can carry on a 30-minute walk with my dog.