Honored Contributor

Re: Police Officer Resigns after Slamming his K-9 into patrol car

@wismiss wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud , Why shouldn't it be posted?  Do you think inappropriate behavior should just be ignored and pretend that life is a bowl full of cherries?  The benefit for not ignoring such behavior is the hope that other animals may not be treated in this manner and to set an example to potential/active animal abusers that if they choose to mistreat animals, they can be held accountable for their actions.  

@wismiss 

Well said!!

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY wrote:

Didn't see the tape of this but just reading makes me say what is wrong with our law enforcement ,I do know there are many  good  officers .

An innocent animal that would protect him in a minute did not deserve to be treated like he was..

The dog has no voice but thankful  that department has footage camera on, otherwise it probably would still be going on and he would still be on the job.

Glad the officer knew to resign but charges of animal abuse should also be served on  him and maybe he should be given some jail time and if not  then  community service at an animal shelter,and never be able to own any animal.

@Mimi NY    I think he has no business being in an animal shelter, or anywhere around animals. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom,

I know and I'm hoping with lots of good care and love he will be ok.

And if any example of that it is your incredible Kingston and youSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I don't like to read about these things either but once I saw it I read it to see and hope the dog would be ok. then I looked it up to see.

We can only express our thoughts here but I'm sure it may remind us to report any and all animal abuse from wherever we see it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He also physically asaulted a police officer. K-s are legal police officers and he should be held to account and given the most severe penalty possible.

I've seen stories of civilians hurting K-9 officers and that's what they were charged with.

When a K-9 dies he or she is given a full military funeral with honors.

Honored Contributor

Animal abusers are sick and have violent tendencies which can often end up harming humans.  There isn't any excuse for his behavior and this cop shouldn't have an animal with him on the job or at home.  He is despicable and needs some intensive anger management.  

Esteemed Contributor

Too many times cops (not all of them, but far too many of them) are drunk with power, and believe that they are above reproach. I hope that this "officer" doesn't have pets at home. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

May he rot where the sun don't shine.  

Honored Contributor

There are some wonderful police officers but like it or not, screening needs to be much more thorough than it has been or continues to be in many jurisdictions. Certain types of personalities are drawn to positions of authority and that can be a problem. As for this jackhole, so he resigned. One assumes he should also face the same charges anyone else would face under the same circumstances.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

In Duluth, Minnesota 70 miles North of me there were two K-9s shot the past two years. They received full Police funerals and had publicized cermonies on the news with people lining the streets. They were both shot ironically in domestic violence calls. Fund raising was done to buy bulletproof vests for the K-9s. Other dogs have received recognition  and appeared on the media when they retired. It was all quite touching to see such support. I hope as posters  here have stated, that prosecution occurs in the full extent of the law.