Trusted Contributor

Police Officer Resigns after Slamming his K-9 into patrol car

A police officer from Salisbury, NC, resigned after footage showed him slamming his K-9 into a patrol car.  The dog left the car when he was told to stay and the police officer put the leash on the dog, swung him up in the air and hit him against the side of the patrol car.  Makes me wonder what that poor dog had been through prior to this.  I couldn't watch the complete footage as it made me ill just to see a part of it.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: Police Officer Resigns after Slamming his K-9 into patrol car

Oh no.........😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Unfortunately I did see the whole video, totally disgusting.

So was the officer off to the side when the abuse happened, laughing and saying, "No problem, no witness!"

DUH...bodycam idiot. 

That's why I love animals more than most people, they're more humane.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The dog is okay after being examined by a vet, and shown chewing on a nice big kong chew toy.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife You said it perfectly. My blood pressure boils with animal  and child abuse.

Honored Contributor

Any abuse of animals ,no matter who did it ,should be removed from any animal ,period.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Occasional Contributor

He should be charged with animal cruelty!!! Horrible

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Any abuse of animals ,no matter who did it ,should be removed from any animal ,period.

@goldensrbest - ITA! And I think they should also be removed from SOCIETY for a while. That will never happen of course. But with the right people in charge it could!

I'm just glad the pup is OK. Unfortunately he can't be a pet, but maybe he could be placed with someone who has been thoroughly checked out and is an animal lover.

Or if he's a little older he can be retired and placed with a loving family.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I hope he will be charged with a federal criminal act of extreme animal abuse and not just get to resign.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"