Esteemed Contributor

Re: Police Officer Resigns after Slamming his K-9 into patrol car

@Magicrat wrote:

Put a leash on him, and slam him up against the car. (alot)

Or, perhaps more appropriately, have him be the "bad guy" during training without the padding of course.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp - That's just what I thought.

The way this guy slung that dog over his shoulder with a choke collar on and then slammed him into the car and hit him - I can't say what I want to because it would get deleted and probably get me banned for a while.

That dog laid down immediately, when ordered to, and there was NO excuse for what was done to him by this thug.  Not to mention the one in the background who laughed and made the comment about "No witnesses. We're good."  Well, WRONG!  There was a video, so NOT good.  (For them, but thank goodness for the future welfare of the dog.)

They should all be prosecuted; not let off with resigning, so this guy can just go apply for a job in security or law enforcement elsewhere.  We don't need this type of abuser in any position of power.

My heart breaks for the treatment that dog has probably been subjected to for the past four years.  (And I doubt he's the only officer who has that attitude.  I noticed the chief wouldn't reply to reporters' questions.)

Respected Contributor

He's an idiot and I hope he is charged.  i know K-9 officers have Big personalities.  It is a trait looked for in a potential police dog.  They need to be willing to go up against someone who will resist.  That Ex- officer knew that from the get-go too. A K-9 unit is a team. The dog must trust his partner.  Having said partner ram you into the side of the car where you spend half your day does NOT inspire trust in it's Human partner Nor the vehicle where it is supposed to be SAFELY kenneled and transported.  That Joker just walked away,  after undermining ALL the training the dog has gone through to be a valued K-9 officer and TRUSTED PARTNER.  His next handler has a LOT of rebuilding to do.

Wonder if, aside from assault on a fellow officer, and seeing as the idiot has resigned,  there's a way to make that guy pay reparations for willful damage to Department property?  ( If they can't get him on one maybe they can get him on the other)

My hopeful thoughts that the dog finds a worthy partner.

Respected Contributor

@wismiss 

Pathetic!  Sadly, there's no end to the abuse of our wonderful animals.  The police office did right in resigning & I hope he hangs his head in shame!!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

You're so correct.  Our pets show nothing but loads of love & loyalty to us.  But, I think one of the most important traits is their "trust" in us.  Unfortunately, there are some disgusting creeps out there who don't deserve it.  Yet, their pets still trust them.  

Respected Contributor

RESIGNS???

WAAAAAAAY TOOOOO EASY.

He shouldda been DRAGGED behind his patrol car, until there was nothing left of him.

Yea, really.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby - With a choke collar on?  Yep.

I'd almost guarantee that anyone treating a beautiful animal like that has other abuse traits "out of sight", not just directed at animals who can't speak up.

There should be a special place in hell for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

The dog is okay after being examined by a vet, and shown chewing on a nice big kong chew toy.

@on the bay 

Trauma from a violent event is not always visible on the outside, for humans or animals....I know, my rescue was set on fire and he has 'triggers'.

@KingstonsMom @Oh dear God how can someone do that to a animal ?   I'm so glad he/she has you It just sickens me how there are people out there that are so evil .   Maybe no punishment here on earth but one day these kinds of monsters will indeed pay .  Your rescue is in a loving home now thankfully .    

Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Didn't read the replies but I find it quite ironic that this disturbing info would be posted in the pet **lovers** forum or anywhere else for that matter. What benefit is there??

@ThinkingOutLoud @I'm kind if like you ,   When I saw it I was very hesitant as I know once I read or see anything to do with animal abuse I'm sorry I  did .    It's kind of like  ignorance is bliss  ya know ?   When those horrible commercials come on I can't turn the tv station fast enough cause they haunt me for days .   You cannot un see something.   Animal abuse brings me to tears  ,   I love my fur babies so much and can't imagine anyone ever causing them harm.

Esteemed Contributor

@Magicrat  yes !