Valued Contributor

Re: Police Officer Resigns after Slamming his K-9 into patrol car

Also, I thought a police dog is concidered as much of a member of the police force as any human. What would they do to this officer if he would have done something like this to a fellow police officer. Same punishment for man or dog would suit me. He needs jail time.

Respected Contributor

Makes me wonder how he treated those he arrested. Too bad he was just allowed to resign. More should be done to him AND to those who witnessed it and laughed about it.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

The dog is okay after being examined by a vet, and shown chewing on a nice big kong chew toy.

@on the bay 

Trauma from a violent event is not always visible on the outside, for humans or animals....I know, my rescue was set on fire and he has 'triggers'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't read the replies but I find it quite ironic that this disturbing info would be posted in the pet **lovers** forum or anywhere else for that matter. What benefit is there??

Valued Contributor

Put a leash on him, and slam him up against the car. (alot)

Honored Contributor

Makes you wonder why he volunteered for K-9 duty if he hates dogs so much.  He doesn't need to be a cop. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Didn't see the tape of this but just reading makes me say what is wrong with our law enforcement ,I do know there are many  good  officers .

An innocent animal that would protect him in a minute did not deserve to be treated like he was..

The dog has no voice but thankful  that department has footage camera on, otherwise it probably would still be going on and he would still be on the job.

Glad the officer knew to resign but charges of animal abuse should also be served on  him and maybe he should be given some jail time and if not  then  community service at an animal shelter,and never be able to own any animal.

Trusted Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud , Why shouldn't it be posted?  Do you think inappropriate behavior should just be ignored and pretend that life is a bowl full of cherries?  The benefit for not ignoring such behavior is the hope that other animals may not be treated in this manner and to set an example to potential/active animal abusers that if they choose to mistreat animals, they can be held accountable for their actions.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss   That's what you call a sick SOB.  He should spend some time in jail for animal cruelty.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Magicrat wrote:

Put a leash on him, and slam him up against the car. (alot)

@Magicrat 

That was going to be my response

for what should have happened to

that vile cretin but you beat me to

it! Let the punishment fit the crime! Cat Mad

---------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=