Honored Contributor

Police Officer Ice Caught Stealing!

[ Edited ]

A police K-9 named Officer Ice was recently "under investigation" for allegedly stealing from one of his own colleagues.

This month, the Wyandotte Police Department (WPD) in Wyandotte, Michigan, shared a now-viral image of Ice's mugshot following his recent criminal charges.

The mugshot of K-9 Officer Ice has been widely shared on social media

Big, Big, Big, at 6 feet 8 inches.  

Wyandotte Police Department - Michigan
January 12 · Fox News

Stealing is not only a crime but it is morally wrong too. Some jobs, like that of being a police officer, require you to take an oath prior to starting. Within the officer's sworn oath is the promise to protect person's property.

That being said, it saddens me to report that a current officer of the Wyandotte Police Department is under investigation for stealing!

The incident happened two days ago at the station. Ofc. Barwig was eating lunch in the breakroom when he was called to assist with a person in the WPD jail. He quickly jumped into service, leaving his half eaten lunch on the table. A short while later Barwig and another officer returned to the breakroom only to find Ofc. Ice leisurely strolling out of the room licking his chops. Barwig's entire lunch was gone....disappeared, vanished!

Ofc. Ice has invoked his fifth amendment right to remain silent and quite frankly is not cooperating with the investigation. He has a history of rummaging through trash cans that are within his reach. There have been several other accusations of him taking food right from coworker's hands as they walk by.

WPD will consider our Facebook followers opinions on how to proceed with this investigation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Police Officer Ice Caught Stealing!

The picture is not showing up.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Officer Ice obviously has a different set of standards from  Officer Barwig who should have understood that fact and taken care to protect his lunch before leaving the room.  He could have quickly stashed it in the refrigerator or a cupboard.  The lunch should be classed as an "attractive nuisance".  Officer Ice was just doing what dogs are conditioned to do.  He should be forgiven and training should be give to staff on the proper handling of food in the presence of dogs.

I don't see a picture either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't think Officer Ice had intent to steal. He was securing the food. What safer place to keep it than in his tummy!

Super Contributor

May be an image of dog and text that says '7'2" 7'O" 6'8" 7'2" 6'6" 7O" 6'4" 6'8" 6'2" 6'6" 6'O" 6'4" 5'8" 6'2" 5'6" 6'0" 5'4" 5'8" 5'2" 5'6" 5'0" 5'4" 4'8" 5'2" 4'6" 5'0" 4'8" 4'6" 4'4"'

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

The picture is not showing up.

@Imaoldhippie @Kachina624 

FIXED

Valued Contributor

Sounds like entrapment to me.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL. Cute!

Respected Contributor

Nope, @Foxxee, I'm thinking this could be a very weak case here. Are there any eye witnesses who actually saw Officer Ice eating the lunch? Was there any trace evidence (food) on said canine officer's mouth? Licking lips can mean any number of different things and not necessarily indicative of guilt in this case. And prior rummaging acts could likely not be allowed to be presented in court as it might unduly prejudice the jury. I say he walks. LOL!   

FREE OFFICER ICE! ♥♥♥

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Nope, @Foxxee, I'm thinking this could be a very weak case here. Are there any eye witnesses who actually saw Officer Ice eating the lunch? Was there any trace evidence (food) on said canine officer's mouth? Licking lips can mean any number of different things and not necessarily indicative of guilt in this case. And prior rummaging acts could likely not be allowed to be presented in court as it might unduly prejudice the jury. I say he walks. LOL!   

FREE OFFICER ICE! ♥♥♥

@pupwhipped 

I absolutely agree!!!