Honored Contributor

Please be careful of your dogs during this HOT HOT weather!

To my Human Mums & Dads this is what happens to my paws when you take me out in the scorching sun ☀️when the pavements are so hot ! Remember I sweat through my paws so in this heat I can’t get rid of my sweat as my paws are burning. Please let me just relax indoors and take me out when the sun is down !🥰291889353_2055781404617619_7629242486129731579_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Please be careful of your dogs during this HOT HOT weather!

ICNAM!  Thanks for posting, @SeaMaiden 

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Ouch!  Poor thing.  Good reminder.  And unfortunately people need constant reminding as yet another child died in a hot car yesterday.  In Tallahassee, FL, an 11 month old baby boy left in a hot car.  Sweltering weather for people and pets.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

A very timely reminder.  Wishing quick healing for whoever's paws those are.

Respected Contributor

OMG that poor dog!  How can anyone be so ignorant to let a dog walk on boiling hot concrete?  Not only that, but I see so many people walking their dogs and they don't even have a water bottle for them.  The poor dogs, especially the large ones, are suffering -I want to smack those people in the head.  How would they feel in this heat with no water?  I always have pee pee pads down on the floor so that my dog can go anytime she wants.  Snow, pouring rain storms, freezing cold, boiling heat, etc.  If we are out for several hours I don't want her to suffer and hold it in.  If she has to go she can go whenever she needs to.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    That's horrible, an atrocity.  I understand many people put little boots on their dogs for walks on pavement.

Also, people who may be tempted to shave their long haired dogs might want to think twice.  My friends in Collie rescue always shudder when someone even mentions shaving a Collie.

Screenshot_20220628-200202_kindlephoto-708622732.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........................

Poor pup!!!

I hope someone is soaking his poor footies in cool, cool water!

Respected Contributor

That Poor Dog.  His paw pads are GONE. 

And it's not only the hot pavement that will do that. 

Some dogs will run on the beach and fetch All Day  if you let or encourage it.  the sand will wear off the paw pads too.

Those wounds are going to be painful and slow to heal.