Honored Contributor

Re: Please adopt a homeless cat...

@SahmIam

All these black kitties are still waiting!

Honored Contributor

I can't believe Kanga and Roo haven't been adopted.  I thought they were adorable when you posted them earlier.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I kind of just want to do it. But my house is so small and I work 3  days a  week so I'd hate to leave either one of the cats in a room until I get home.

I am still debating, I'd love to get a second cat. But I don't know if you read my posting about cat biting himself, so NOW is not hte right time.

But I can look at your pictures and dream!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

Also at my local shelter in MD, they also have a lot of black cats. I wanted to get one but hubby did not want one.

I told him - A black CAT is good LUCK IN JAPAN and CHINA.

I googled it. 

In Asia and Europe, black cats bring wealth, bless marriages, keep homes safe, and protect sailors.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

All of our cats have been adopted and/or found in the backyard. That's part of the fun!

Respected Contributor

For anyone still on the fence about adopting a cat (unthinkable!), check out this video. Your feline friend may be willing to help with the housekeeping.

Time For Bed

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

For anyone still on the fence about adopting a cat (unthinkable!), check out this video. Your feline friend may be willing to help with the housekeeping.

Time For Bed

@noodleann  I saw that on Facebook the other day.  Hilarious! Cat LOL

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I kind of just want to do it. But my house is so small and I work 3  days a  week so I'd hate to leave either one of the cats in a room until I get home.

I am still debating, I'd love to get a second cat. But I don't know if you read my posting about cat biting himself, so NOW is not hte right time.

But I can look at your pictures and dream!!!

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

Yes, sometimes it is just not possible/practical to get another pet. I am at that point right now too.

Please don't feel bad, we all do what we can.

:-)

Honored Contributor

Related image

LOL  !!!    Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

We just adopted a young orange male tabby from the shelter this week.  He's been quite sick, actually, and I thought I'd share what happened.

Almost every cat from the shelter will have an upper respiratory infection, that's common, but when my DH picked the cat up from his neuter surgery, he was barely breathing.  The technician said to "just keep an eye on him."  Instead, my DH took him to our DD who is a vet.  She said that he also had lower respiratory issues, probably from aspirating (inhaling fluids) during his surgery.  She put him in a type of oxygen tent and it was touch-and-go all night.  She said that if we had taken the cat home and "kept an eye on him" he probably would have died.  We did call the shelter this week and have a talk with the vet who does the spays/neuters about having better procedures in place.

Luckily our little guy is on meds and is slowly breathing easier.  I haven't named him yet, but I sure do love him already!