Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I don't think people reading this forum are likely to be guilty of this.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think people reading this forum are likely to be guilty of this.

@Kachina624 

Really?  Absolutely, no one reading the Forum, not even the 1000 or so guests that come here everyday at any one time?  

I must disagree.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   People come to Pet Lovers because they love animals.  Sort of like preaching to the choir.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee   People come to Pet Lovers because they love animals.  Sort of like preaching to the choir.

@Kachina624 

Look at how many viewers look at your animal posts, but didn't "like" or "post" a comment.  Some love animals, but just didn't like the post, OK, some are guests and can't post anything, but what about the rest?  

I know quite a few would never do this, but when hard times come, I have seen the most devout lover of animals do what I think is a horrible thing.  I have seen it myself.  

I think you are being a bit naive again.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    Again?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee    Again?

@Kachina624 

Lol.  I remember calling you naive one time previously; however, I don't remember the subject matter.  That's how important it was.  HA!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   I don't remember either so I guess I wasn't too insulted.  Since neither of us have statistics on adopted dogs that are abandoned, I guess we'll just have to hope it doesn't happen often.  Hopefully they're return to shelters and rehomed.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

Yes, some people abandon their pets after awhile. I guess they aren't cute enough as adults, or they're more "work" than expected, and cost too much to feed and take care of them.

I've seen horrible stories of people driving pets away and dropping them on the side of the road. Very upsetting. I've read a few stories about people who adopted animals during the COVID lockdown not wanting them anymore. 

People could at least take their unwanted pets to local shelters. They might get a chance at a new home that way.

Respected Contributor

My twin sister dumped a pet anonymously at a shelter because he was too inconvenient for her- That's not surprising for her though...