Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever watched this program? It is really great what Tia and her family do to help pitbulls and other dogs. They have at least 100 dogs that they have saved. They live in New Orleans. You should see some of the horrible things that are done to dogs. It makes you sick and makes you cry. Last week two dogs were tied up for two weeks with no food. She rescued both animals and took them to the vet. They are in good condition now but without her they would have died. I do not understand how people can be so cruel. She also hires parolees and gives them a second chance at life. She is a godsent to humans and animals.

Honored Contributor

I've watched this program since it started and enjoyed it for several years but have become increasingly disgusted with the appearance of Tia and her brood.   It's gotten to the point that they are covered with unattractive tattoos,  have scraggly unnatural colored hair and dress like "the People of Walmart".   Since this is the stereotyped image many people have of pit bull owners,  they're poor ambassadors for the breed. The paroles present a much better appearance than Tia's family.  Tia and the gang need to clean up their act. 

They do have several hundred dogs at a time at their rescue facility in New Orleans,  and have rescued and rehomed thousands so I commend them for that,  but I think it's time to pull the plug on this series.   They recently did their 100th episode,  I think that's enough. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pitbulls and Parolees

[ Edited ]

I too have watched this show for a very long time and am so distracted from the stories by not only Tia's scraggly appearance but OMG how the 2 daughters have changed from years ago when they were still in California and rather cute. Sometimes there's a marathon of shows on and the changes from the early years are astounding. Between their hair and the tatoos and the piercings it's like different people. Those 2 girls have ruined their looks. When the older girl got married that goth wedding was really something. It's a shame because they are a good hearted family. I guess the saying "you can't judge a book by it's cover" is certainly true in their case. If it wasn't for knowing them from the show, if they were walking down the sidewalk towards me I'd cross the street thinking I was doomed to be mugged or something.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe some of your comments. Who cares what they look like, they are saving the lives of many dogs that would otherwise be dead. I guess you do not watch Dr. Jeff (vet)he looks very unkept but he has saved the lives of many animals. He does alot of charity work for people who can not afford to save their pets. He is another wonderful human being. He is located in Colorado. The name of the place is Planned Pethood Plus. Some of his epsidoes tear at your heart. Please do not judge people by what they look like but judge them by their actions.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't judge what kind of people they are, I said they are good hearted. But if I didn't already know that from watching the show I'm being honest when I say if it wasn't for that and I saw them coming towards me their rough & tumble appearance would make me leery.

Honored Contributor

@elated

I agree..i watch all the vet shows on tv also Dr.Jeff.

If pitbulls and parolees  wasn't on what would happen to all those dogs???..bless everyone on the show for saving them.They need to dress comfortable to do all the work they do.

Love, when they make house calls to see if dog will fit into a household or not.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I like the show, and I love Tanya's look especially. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@elated   In reality,  we do judge people by their appearance.   Think how many more dogs they may have placed if they looked halfway neat and clean.   I've been involved in collie rescue for the past 13 years and I'm always nicely dressed when I do home checks or transport and deliver a dog.  If I look well-groomed,  people assume the dogs will be well-cared-for too. 

No,  I don't watch Dr. Jeff,  but I watch Dr.  Pol as I'm very interested in his interaction with farm animals.   There are thousands of people who volunteer their time to rescue animals,  most doing it on their own dime,  not subsidized by a TV program.  They get no acclaim  or thanks.  I know many right here in my area. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment