Respected Contributor

Pilling Success with Cat-in-the-Bag

Thanks to the voice of experience, @Sammycat1 , I purchased a cat sack when the kitty burrito method of containing my cat, Tammy, failed after 3 uses. The brand of cat sack I bought is Cat-in-the-Bag. They have a website but I bought it on Amazon. I got a size Large for 10 lbs and up because Tammy's 14 pounds. 

The bag is made of sturdy canvas-like material, twill on the outside and a sueded feeling on the inside. You zip it open and lay it out on a flat surface and completely loosen the velcro strip around the neck. You put the cat in, facing away from you, secure the neck well, and then zipper the cat into the sack. Tammy was purring through the whole thing and took her meds with no problem.

To get the cat out of it, first unzip it, then loosen the neck strap and slip it off the cat if the cat hasn't wriggled out of it. First time I used it, I undid the neck strap first and Tammy slipped a front paw through the neck hole and I had to work her paw out and then slip it off her. So unzip first.

The Cat-in-the-Bag isn't  cheap at $40, but it works, so it's well worth the $, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pilling Success with Cat-in-the-Bag

What about "Cat-in-the-Box"??  LOL  Glad you had success!

Dr Rockopepper.jpg

Denise
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you had success with this @noodleann .  It almost sounds like something everyone with a cat should have on hand just in case they need it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm so glad you had success with this @noodleann .  It almost sounds like something everyone with a cat should have on hand just in case they need it.

I think that would be an excellent idea, @NickNack , unless you know you have a compliant cat. I did--a little tuxie who was on twice-weekly meds for life--but I think she was unusual. I won't know until next week whether Tammy  has cancer or had an infection, so getting her medicated for possible oral pain was important but not as urgent as dosing an animal who needs antibiotics delivered on a strict schedule to bring down a bad infection. Now I feel equipped to handle anything per os, as they say in medicine. Can't wait for the next challenge, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I think that would be an excellent idea, @NickNack , unless you know you have a compliant cat. I did--a little tuxie who was on twice-weekly meds for life--but I think she was unusual. I won't know until next week whether Tammy  has cancer or had an infection, so getting her medicated for possible oral pain was important but not as urgent as dosing an animal who needs antibiotics delivered on a strict schedule to bring down a bad infection. Now I feel equipped to handle anything per os, as they say in medicine. Can't wait for the next challenge, LOL.

@noodleann   I so hope Tammy doesn't have cancer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@noodleann   I so hope Tammy doesn't have cancer.

@noodleann 

Me too, wishing Tammy and you the best.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann 

I'm glad the cat in the bag product is working. Once we had gone practically nuclear with the sophistication of our kitty burrito, it was the only option I could find.  Tammy deserves no less!

I hope she's on an even keel and that she does not have cancer. She sounds like a funky kitty and doesn't deserve that illness--she needs to be living out her dotage peacefully, as old dowagers should.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@noodleann 

I'm glad the cat in the bag product is working. Once we had gone practically nuclear with the sophistication of our kitty burrito, it was the only option I could find.  Tammy deserves no less!

I hope she's on an even keel and that she does not have cancer. She sounds like a funky kitty and doesn't deserve that illness--she needs to be living out her dotage peacefully, as old dowagers should.  Smiley Happy

Bagging the old girl turned out to be the solution, and I really appreciate the lead. Once she's zipped into the bag, she purrs nonstop. I get her dosed and then released promptly. I've been able to do under-tongue dosing, as the vet requested, thanks to the bag. She's been acting completely normally, or Tammy-normal.

Her follow-up appointment with the vet is tomorrow evening. If he inspects her mouth and the swelling and inflammation are gone, I anticipate he'll call it an infection that's resolved. If it still looks bad, he'll sedate her and take a sample for a biopsy. I don't know when I'll learn the results. I'm hoping we get lucky, but I'm braced for the bad verdict.

Yes, she is a funky kitty, a wild love bug. Here's hoping she gets the long life that all kittehs deserve.