Honored Contributor

@Winkk

What beauties they are !!!     It's a real blessing to have such loving kids ... that don't need to be sent to  college!!

Esteemed Contributor

All the pictures are adorable!!  Dogs are wonderful!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1.   Thanks Citrine.  I love the big herding dogs but these two old girls will be my last.  I can no longer handle them when they're incapacitated and must get in the car to go to the vet.  My main criteria in picking little Misty was her size.  She weighs about 32lbs and I can lift her.  She's been a holy terror and very destructive but she's so darn smart and eager to please that I decided to work through it.  She's better than she was.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Winkk  AWWW - all very sweet.  I love it when the humans name their 4 legged kids 'human' names.  We've always named or dogs human names - there was Sampson, Henry, Oswald, Clementine, and currently Wallace.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   Well, and then there's always one or two who should have attended college - or pre-school for sure!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Citrine1.   Thanks Citrine.  I love the big herding dogs but these two old girls will be my last.  I can no longer handle them when they're incapacitated and must get in the car to go to the vet.  My main criteria in picking little Misty was her size.  She weighs about 32lbs and I can lift her.  She's been a holy terror and very destructive but she's so darn smart and eager to please that I decided to work through it.  She's better than she was.

I know what you mean.  All of my past dogs had to be carried into the vets office for their "final" visit and it is very difficult when you have a large dog and, of course, we are getting older and less strong.  

I commend you for sticking it out with Misty.  I applaud everyone who has had a "difficult" dog, but takes the time and effort to work with that dog and loves him/her unconditionally.  It's not an easy thing to do.

Valued Contributor

What a beautiful rescue family, @Kachina624!  Thank you for posting their photos.....I love seeing rescues.  🙂

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Winkk

What beauties they are !!!     It's a real blessing to have such loving kids ... that don't need to be sent to  college!!

@Tinkrbl44 - Well, we did try sending one to obedience school but she flunked, so now we home school.

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I know that a lot of you have rescued dogs and/or cats and they are now part of your family.  Anyone care to post pictures of your "kids".  These are our three rescue cockers.  They were puppy mill moms and it took quite some time for them to get accustomed to normal life.

Well, your furbabies are absolutely adorable! Please post more pics when you can. Aren't rescues the best? They are the most sweet, loving and appreciative creatures. A cocker is quite the character with a great spirit. I hope your three are able to live the best cocker life possible. Kudos to you, @Winkkyou've done a wonderful, life affirming thing rescuing and giving these babies the life they so richly deserve.

dee

Trusted Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I just posted above, but wanted to post a picture, too.  Here's a picture of the last rescue that I had.  She's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and her name was Sophie.  She died a couple of years ago.  She was absolutely wonderful.

IMG_0004.jpg

@Your Sophie was a precious little angel, @Nicknack and RIP dear sweet Sophie.

dee