Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

In the first photo Ava looks as if she is getting ready to say something very important to you!

Bet it’s, ‘I love you, thank you for sharing your life with me.’

What a sweet girl.

Today on (@ rover . Com) there is an article on socializing dogs during and after COVID.  Thought it might be interesting to you and Ava.

Please send a photo of Henry as you have time.

Thank you @Drythe .  I just bookmarked it and will read it today.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack  Aww...What a cutie she is!! Ava is a lucky little girl! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack 

She's cute!  My favorite part:  her ears.  My next favorite part:  the color of her coat.

Esteemed Contributor

She is adorable. It must have been love at first sight. She is very fortunate to have you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pictures Of Ava

[ Edited ]

Love the printed collars against her coloring.

Kisses to both your kids...

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  Oh, that face.  She is so adorable.  I love the look in the first pic, "is that the treat bag I hear?"

Occasional Contributor

Ava is absolutely adorable. I don't know the story behind her.....how did you adopt her? I have been thinking about a Frenchie to go with my Malti-poo Melvin but I would rather adopt alittle older not a puppy.  Give sweet Ava a hug for me.

Honored Contributor

@Cappie wrote:

Ava is absolutely adorable. I don't know the story behind her.....how did you adopt her? I have been thinking about a Frenchie to go with my Malti-poo Melvin but I would rather adopt alittle older not a puppy.  Give sweet Ava a hug for me.

Thank you @Cappie .  My previous French Bulldog died from a brain tumor in April.  About a month later I started contacting breeders.  I went to the French Bulldog Club of American website (frenchbulldogclub.org), then Resources, then Breeder Listings.  I live in Tennessee, so I looked at all the breeders in TN, KY, SC and GA.  Some of them had websites listed, and I looked at their websites.  I wanted to make sure they showed their dogs in conformation, not because I wanted a show quality dog, but because it shows that they know a lot about the dogs and what to breed for.  Most important to me was health testing.  Breeders should be testing hips, eyes, hearts and patellas.  Then I checked the breeders on the OFA website.  I think that stands for Orthopedic Foundation of America (ofa.org).  I looked up the breeders' kennel names which I found on the French Bulldog Club website to make sure they health tested their dogs.

Then I started contacting breeders.  I only had to contact three before I found Ava.  I told them in my email that I wanted a young dog who was housetrained.  I went to visit Ava and asked the breeder a lot of questions about the health of her dogs and the dogs in Ava's line.  She answered all my questions and was very nice and helpful.

Ava is very shy, which is not at all typical of French Bulldogs.  The breeder said she had been that way since she was a puppy.  I met one of her other Frenchies, who was just like my last Frenchie with a friendly personality.  Ava is very loving and playful with me.  

I've probably told you way more than you really wanted to know, but I hope some of this information is helpful to you.  If you're interested in a Rescue, there are several good French Bulldog Rescue organizations.  Some of them adopt out of their area, and some don't.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau