Honored Contributor

Phytoplankton for dogs (and/or for humans)

@tends2dogs

Thank you for pointing out Dogs Naturally.

I've been reading some of the online articles and came across one on phytoplankton.

Now I'm reading other articles found elsewhere for even more info.

I was wondering whether you've looked into this supplement and if so, what you may have found.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Phytoplankton for dogs (and/or for humans)

@GingerPeachwrote:

@tends2dogs

Thank you for pointing out Dogs Naturally.

I've been reading some of the online articles and came across one on phytoplankton.

Now I'm reading other articles found elsewhere for even more info.

I was wondering whether you've looked into this supplement and if so, what you may have found.

@GingerPeach  It is so funny that you brought this subject up.  Yes, I am doing some reading on this.  It stemmed from a YOUTUBE I watched that was a link on the Dogs Naturally site.  It is a holistic animal practiioner that has several videos and this was one of them. I considered buying it, but it does have fish in it and Willie tested positive for sensitivity to white fish.  I would really like to try it, also for DH and me, beause it sounds like such a wonderful alternative to fish supplements for Omega 3.  According to her video, we are depleting our oceans sourcing for Omega 3.  Phytolankton is a great substitute because it can be grown in controlled environoments.  If anyone reading this doesn't know what Phytolankton is, it is what fish eat that generates (?) omega 3 in them.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of sources that have good reviews.

What have you found?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @tends2dogs

It's intriguing, but I haven't really done much reading yet.  

I am just slightly put off by the fact that there was phytoplankton for sale on the site, but other than that, there may be something to it.  Still too early for me to be sure either way.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

Thanks, @tends2dogs

I am just slightly put off by the fact that there was phytoplankton for sale on the site, but other than that, there may be something to it.  Still too early for me to be sure either way.

I wish Andrew Lessman would look into this.  I love to listen to him and the research he does on his products.  I don't always buy his products.  I have found alternative sources that give me the same results for less $$.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogswrote:

@GingerPeachwrote:

Thanks, @tends2dogs

I wish Andrew Lessman would look into this.  I love to listen to him and the research he does on his products.  I don't always buy his products.  I have found alternative sources that give me the same results for less $$.

Agreed.  Some trusted expert would make life simpler!  Right?  Right.