Esteemed Contributor

Re: Petunia's vet appt. today!

@denisemb   When I figure it out I will do a pic.  I read the Welcome Get Started thing but will hopefully do soon.

As an mental pic she is black on her head, ears, back and tail.  Has some white on her legs. back of neck, lower part of face,  and chest.  A black smudge on her nose.  It's the black nose on that white part that is so cute.  Longish hair, long hairs in her ears, but we cal them her horns.

She was an unhappy little girl when they took blood but she was so good for them.

Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you and Petunia a long and happy life together.  She sounds like such a little darling.  A tiny handful, but she will grow older and less challenging.  How wonderful that you and your DD adopted her.

Respected Contributor

Ya'll gotta admit - the most challenging are the most entertaining...

Denise
Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I'm so glad you and your daughter have sweet Petunia.  My Vet has never suggested giving my indoor only cats the feline leukemia vaccine.  It's really unnecessary for indoor cats.

As someone who has spent her entire career working in the animal care field I applaud you for keeping your cats indoors.   

I can't even count all the unfortunate cases that I have seen from cats who have been allowed to roam outdoors.    

It's unfair to the cats and it's equally unfair to neighbors who have to contend with cats destroying and defacing their property.

I don't think I even need to mention what roaming cats do to our wild bird population and other small animals such as squirrels and rabbits.  

If you love your cat keep it indoors!

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Thank you for the update on your Sweet Petunia.

If I'm not mistaken, does she get spayed at 16 wks. old?

Get ready for some action!  She'll be all over your home, jumping on everything.  My 2 bounced from table, kitchen island to the top of the frig & hutch, etc.  I had to take all plants out of planters, wreaths from walls, everything they got ahold of.  I've never replaced them either.  Even stopped burning my candles for fear their tails would accidentally reach the flames.

After all the above I mentioned, you'll have a ball laughing so hard at her with her playfulness & love.  You'll have no regrets, only such love in your heart as she does for you & your DD.

Blessings for you both for adopting Sweet Petunia.  May you have many joyful years ahead to share with her.  

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl   I wish we could take all the strays in that we feed but it's not possible. i  can't have 7 imore indoor cats. Most would rather take your face off.  We do make sure they are fed and have a warm place to go in the winter. The ones we can get hold of get spayed or neutered.

We have found homes for many kittens over the years.  Thankfully, we have a lot fewer kittens since many of the cats have been fixed.

Respected Contributor

Love the name of your new kitten ...

she is lucky to have you as her pet parent~!

Petunia flowers bush