Esteemed Contributor

Petunia's Ok, But She Had An "Adventure".

Now that my heart is back in my chest, Petunia got out earlier. She decided to dart out as DD was going out the back door.

I heard DD yelling for her.  The little beast went around the house and went under the porch.  DD and I each got a bag of treats and took a side of the house. She came around the back of the house and I shook the treats (normally she comes running) and said, P want a treat?  Well, she took off like she didn't recognize me and went back toard DD.

We finally got her in. Yikes, that little kitty scared the ever loving bejeeus out of us.  Luckily, she didn't go toward the road and the neighbors dogs weren't around.

The door from the hall to the laundry room gets shut when someone is going out. Someone will hold her when the kitchen door is being used. I don't know what made her so brave all of a sudden but I don't want a repeat.

I need a BP pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Petunia's Ok, But She Had An "Adventure".

Oh my gosh!  I'm so glad you all got her back in the house.  I can imagine how frightening that was for you.  I'm glad you said "Petunia's OK" in your title.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   

Even though I know this is not funny, it gave me a chuckle.. 

I remembered when my Yorkie was alive and if he got half a chance he would run out the front door when I opened it.  That little rascal would take off like a bullet, running as hard as he could go around the front of the townhomes I live in.   After a while I learned that if I yelled out 'you want to go with Mama in the car', he would stop and I could get him (most of the time).  He loved to ride in the car..  

I am glad you captured the 'beast'.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  I have not felt like that since my son was 3 and thought hiding from me was great fun.  He was playing hide and seek in his 3 yr. old mind.  Mom was losing her mind thinking he was lost.  Kids !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB   Usually hearing the bag of treats has her running to us.  She acted like she didn't know us outside the house.

She was not amused with the great outdoors.  I swear she took a year or 2 off my life.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@KatieB   Usually hearing the bag of treats has her running to us.  She acted like she didn't know us outside the house.

She was not amused with the great outdoors.  I swear she took a year or 2 off my life.

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Now that you 've got her back inside, you can relax and calm down... 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

PANIC like no other - the fear of not being able to CATCH your absconded pet.

I know the HEART stopping BREATH stopping SUNKEN feeling - as I have lived to tell a similar tale.

I am more than relieved to know you got the LIL DEVIL HERSELF and am quite sure she will NOT run out again.

Her humans will be more vigilant to be sure this doesn't happen twice!

Honored Contributor

Tee Hee!!!!!    Petunia is training YOU!     di (a former cat mama myself)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Where do you think cats get their 9 lives? They steal them fromhoomins.

Glad the amazing Petunia is safe and sound. I'm sure she prefers quilt inspection and treat confiscation to the wonders of the great outdoors. At least this week.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

SO glad Miss P. Is OK, you and DD too.

It does make your heart race doesn’t it?

I always tell mine there is NO excuse for scaring us like that.  But they don’t listen, do they?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras