Esteemed Contributor

Re: Petunia's New Cat Napping Spot, Kleenex Box

Love the whiskers as the light (camera flash) ? picks out every one of them.

Meow

Contributor

I am so happy you are back posting  pics of your sweet kitty. I really enjoy them .They always bring a smile to my face. No matter how I'm feeling when I read about her and see her dear pics I can't stop thinking she was certainly heaven sent to bring happiness .

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

What made her go there is anyone's guess.  She has 2 willing laps, cat beds, a couch etc. to sleep on.  Nope, a box.  And a brand new one at that.

Needless to say it's her box now.  We are not using hankies after Petunia's furry little backside was on them.

I've posted this picture before - Miss Millie also had 2 laps (in recliners) 2 sofas. a human bed, her OWN recliner which always had the footrest up like a hammock, a cat tree with padded bed and hammock and this is where she chose to sleep one day:

millie asleep on clothes.jpg

Of course the clothing was clean.  Millie was a retired Bengal queen and I guess she took the title seriously, LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

Petunia is so sweet.  I could give her kisses on her sweet head.  They pick the strangest places for their comfort zones.  I had a cat that liked sleeping in the lava bowl in my bathroom.  At the time, we had three lava bowls, two on a long vanity and another (a little jailhouse sink) in the corner.  She loved one of the two on the vanity, and there was a mirror along that vanity.  She would walk looking at herself and go from end to end, trying to find that kitty she saw.  When she was tired of hunting it, to no avail, she would lie down in her favorite lava bowl.  The other cat would try to emulate that by getting in the little jailhouse sink.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing! She is so pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  - Cats just love boxes, no matter how small.  I got a package the other day in a very small cardboard box.  I left it on the floor with the brown paper stuffing and next thing I knew, one of my cats had tipped it on its side, "arranged" the brown paper and curled up on it.  Shortly after, a second cat came along, nudged the first one out and took the space.  Within an hour, my third cat did the same thing.

We left the box there for the remainder of the day, so the cats could take turns.  I think it somehow makes them feel secure; the smaller the box the better!  (And, yes, I've had a cat curl up in a Kleenex box, too!)

Love your photos of Petunia.  She must be bringing you a lot of joy.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

What made her go there is anyone's guess.  She has 2 willing laps, cat beds, a couch etc. to sleep on.  Nope, a box.  And a brand new one at that.

Needless to say it's her box now.  We are not using hankies after Petunia's furry little backside was on them.

I've posted this picture before - Miss Millie also had 2 laps (in recliners) 2 sofas. a human bed, her OWN recliner which always had the footrest up like a hammock, a cat tree with padded bed and hammock and this is where she chose to sleep one day:

millie asleep on clothes.jpg

Of course the clothing was clean.  Millie was a retired Bengal queen and I guess she took the title seriously, LOL

@denisemb 

Miss Millie curled up on your clean shirts just in case you were even thinking about going somewhere without her!

Too cute!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I think Miss Petunia chose the kleenex box because of the ray of sunshine coming in the window, shining on the kleenex box.

I've been owned by many cats in my lifetime and never met a single one that didn't love to sun bathe!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  Clean clothes and towels are a favorite napping spot too.  DD was just folding her good work slacks, and someone who shall remain nameless, jumped in the clothes basket right off the bat.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt  Aren't those whiskers a hoot?