Esteemed Contributor

Re: Petunia Resting After Her Recent Escape.

@Sushismom @LindaSal @Kachina624   That Petunia hair has a mind of it's own.

My daughter just finished a 6' x 6' quilt for a neighbor (I'll post pics soon) and Little P, of course, had to add her special touch.

The quilt will be laundered before it is gifted.

Respected Contributor

she's just adorable, and how did you come to name her "Petunia"? It seems like it really fits.

Esteemed Contributor

Last September one pf our outside strays had 4 kittens. Petunia was 1 of them. At 4/5 weeks she got an injury on her stomach and DD took her to a vet.  Got antobiotics and pain meds.  We kept her in the house intending to find her a home.

We had this 1.8 lb. kitten in an enclosure and since we had no intention of keeping her, she had no name.  I would say, "how are you doing, cutie,"  "hey, sweetie". etc.  A different thing each time.

One day I said, "what are you doing Petunia?"  DD heard me, loved the name and well, the little beast adopted us and Petunia stuck.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Your Petunia is adorable!  I also love that name. I have 3 cats and my nickname for all of them is different versions of Petunia.  I call them Petunia sweets, Petunia, my little Petunia, and my sons favorite version, sweetheart Petunia Pie. Oh and I almost forgot,  Pussycat Petunia Pie.  I have no idea where all these nicknames came from.  I guess I have a wild imagination!  Hugs to your beautiful Petunia!  

Esteemed Contributor

@sophiesofers   Petunia gets P-Cat,  Little P,  Little Miss,  P the pill (and she is),  and Trouble.

Her default look is, "I wasn't into anything, it wasn't me."

Honored Contributor

Love those extra long white hairs.  Bet they were a special order.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Love those extra long white hairs.  Bet they were a special order.

Along with the Tuxie Deluxe Toe Beans Color Assortment.

She's quite a cat.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Honestly, her markings, her long silky hair and her white whiskers get me every time you post her pic. 

She is so gloriously gorgeous, she makes me swoon!

Honored Contributor

Isn't an ironing board a remarkable place to nap since it doesn't have a solid support!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Isn't an ironing board a remarkable place to nap since it doesn't have a solid support!

The OP's DD is a quilting pro, so I'd assume she's got a heavy-duty ironing board. I have two Mary Proctors, and they're built like tanks. I've had a typical $15 board collapse under the weight of books and things, but never the vintage steel boards. I snagged my mother's when we were parting out the house. Those boards are like gold, very hard to find now.