Esteemed Contributor

Miss Petunia a/k/a P the Pill figured out how to open the cabinet under the kitchen sink.  Never bothered it before. I had to cat proof it so I took a large rubber band, doubled it and looped it around the door pulls.  Now she can't get in it...........but it opens just enough for her to make it slam shut.

At 4:10 this morning it was bang, bang. I was awake (insomnia) DD came to the top of the steps and asked, "what the heck is that."

My reply was, it's your cat trying to get in the cabinet. When Petunia heard DD (oh, Mom's up) she ran upstairs, saw DD back in bed, jumped on the bed and started chewng on her hand.

She walked past a pile of toys to slam the cabinet door at 4:10am.

A 2 yr. old toddler in a Petunia suit!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Petunia, Oh, She's So Bad.

My sister's cat is just a bit younger than Petunia, and her vet says she's in the bratty teen-age stage.  She does similar things.  Sister uses a C-Pap machine at night and the darn cat has figured out how to turn it off.  I told her the cat is trying to kill her. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Are you sure that's a CAT you have????    Not a fox or something?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 LOL! Petunia has a new game called "Bang bang the door and wake everyone up"!

Respected Contributor

My 4 year old, Stormy, does that, too. He can also slide open my pantry door, hall closet door and bedroom closet doors. He's full grown but is small. The doors must weigh 10 times his weight. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   Holy *rap!!  Can you sister keep the bedroom door closed?

They can seem like potential serial killers at times. They just sit and stare at you with the wheels turning.

Honored Contributor

When I was in high school my mother was commenting all the time about us going through so many straws.  Then one day I watched as our cat jumped up on the fridg and with his paw slapped open a small cupboard then reach in the straw box, grabbed one and ran with it!  

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2    That's what I said, close the darn door!  I think they plot killing their owners and inheriting the whole house.  Don't know who they think is going to run the can opener. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi   Yep, she's a cat. A really smart one too.

We say it's a good thing she's cute because she is into EVERYTHING.

She is also the most vocal cat we have had.  We get yelled at a lot if we don't go by Petunia time. She objects to us eating dinner instead of playing with her. In her mind it is play first you can eat when I get tired.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I wouldn't count on them not using the can opener. lol

I think if there are multiple cats in a house they have secret meetings and work on their plans for humans.