Esteemed Contributor

Petunia Is NOT Fun At 5:30 am.

I have been awake and up since midnight. Got coffee & was sitting quietly in my recliner making out 2 bills to send out as well as a birthday card for a friend.

You know who joined me.  Jumped on the end table, knocking off the phone and the modem. I put her on the floor. She headed toward the kitchen.

She came back, and she jumped up again from the back of the table, knocking my coffee over and got my outgoing mail drenched.

And the sun isn't up yet.  Is there a reform school for cats?  Yikes!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Petunia Is NOT Fun At 5:30 am.

From Petunias point of view you were a potential playmate.  Should have taken her up on her offer the first time.  Sorry about the paperwork,  that's a mess for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@candys mine  Oh, I forgot about playing tug-of-war with one of the masks my DD made us. The cat thinks elastic is fun.

We have concluded that we have to shove EVERYTHING in an orifice if we want it safe.

Respected Contributor

I know she can be a pain in the neck sometimes ... BUT SHE

IS SO DARN CUTE ....!!!

I know this doesn't help  !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie  Trust me,  cute didn't matter at the butt crack of dawn this morning.

My daughter is working from home and she "started working" at 8:30 am.  At 8:31 am, I heard, "Petunia, stop it, here take your mouse and go" , then her door close.

Next thing I saw was Petunia trotting down the stairs with her blue mouse in her mouth.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I'm sorry you're not sleeping well.  I've had that problem for years.  I do take prescription sleeping pills.  I took Ambien for a long time, and now I take Lunesta.  It helps a lot.  I know you don't want to take them but wanted to mention this.  It doesn't solve the problem completely, but I definitely get a decent night's sleep most of the time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  How is little Frankie doing?   Your sister?   Last, but not least, how are you doing?  

I know it's difficult dealing with all that you have had going on.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@NickNack  How is little Frankie doing?   Your sister?   Last, but not least, how are you doing?  

I know it's difficult dealing with all that you have had going on.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Frankie is doing much better today, although she still isn't steady on her feet all of the time.  She doesn't understand why she has to stay in the x-pen all the time.  Last night I put her in bed with me to watch TV.  Of course, if I had to get out of bed I put her down, too.  

My sister is doing very well since her surgery.  I think she's doing amazingly well.  She's getting up and around like normal it seems, although I know it's not really like normal.  She did have one lymph node involvement and sees the oncologist this week to find out whether she will have chemo or radiation treatment.  It will be one or the other or both.  She's hoping it won't be chemo.

Thanks for asking about them.  I'm doing okay.  I just went outside to fill the bird feeders.  When I came back in Frankie had peed on her nice bed.  She has potty pads in there but didn't use them.  :::sigh:::  I"m keeping track of when she goes outside because the prednisone makes her go more.  I didn't think she would need to go at that time.  The bed she peed in is huge and isn't washable, so I had to throw it away.  I will order a washable bed.  She has other beds, but needs an additional one.

Thanks for asking about all of us and remembering my sister, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  So glad to hear Frankie is doing better.  I hope which ever treatment your sister receives she does well.

My DH did chemo and radiation at the same time.  Chemo was in pill form.  He did very well.  The only side effect was fatigue.

I wonder if our pets realize how much we worry about them.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Good to see your updates!  

Have been thinking and wondering about you and your family.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras