Esteemed Contributor

Petunia DID NOT have a good afternoon!

Petunia had a vet appt. at 5:30 this evening.  DD left work early, came home to get her and headed out. P does like the carrier, it zips at the top and has a zelcro loopy thing to keep it closed.

She was freaked out going to vet so DD unzipped it enough to put her hand in and she calmed right down.

She has always been good there but she hissed and growled when they trimmed her nails. One full paw and 3 toes on her other front paw got done. I guess she wanted to take the tech's face off.  She's all of 4.2 lbs.

She also hissed and growled at one of the office cats there.  A huge white male, he's on a diet. He came over to DD and was getting all kinds of attention from her. He got too close to the carrier and Petunia let him have it too.

We will give her extra hugs and treats tonight to make up for her traumatic trip.

Oh, DD called laughing. She had to pull over in the Walmart parking lot, Petunia got out of the carrier. Her head was going back and forth watching traffic with a "What the he** look on her face."  Yep, she's ready for home.

Honored Contributor

Re: Petunia DID NOT have a good afternoon!

Oh dear!  Petunia did have a traumatic afternoon.

One thing that I did with Henry to get him used to getting his nails trimmed was to touch his feet often.  I touch his feet gently and rub them.  He still doesn't like to have his nails trimmed, but he's not really awful about it.  

The Vet can do them easily.  It's more of a struggle when my friend and I do it, but it's not too bad.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  She wasn't bad the 1st time.  She didn't like it but wasn't snarly.

DD laughed about 4.2 lb. Petunia getting all nasty and sassy with the 25 lb. office cat.  He is beautiful, pure white, but a very big boy. They said he has lost some weight since he has lived there.

Trusted Contributor

Petunia sounds like a wonderful and independent girl.  My Hunter had a vet appointment today for an abdominal ultrasound. He had to be sedated because he let the veterinarian know that " no one messes with Hunter." Alas, Hunter's news was not good, but he is safe at home again for now.

Valued Contributor

My Parent's cat Simba has to be sedated when he goes to the Vet's, won't let anyone take him out of carrier and will let you know he isn't happy to be there.

Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS  I'm so sorry you didn't get good news.  I will say a prayer for Hunter.

Give him a hug for me.  Petunia says "Hi, Hunter, too."

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@KailaS  I'm so sorry you didn't get good news.  I will say a prayer for Hunter.

Give him a hug for me.  Petunia says "Hi, Hunter, too."

---

I am not sure how Hunter might react to Petunia. They could be a great pair. He is a long- haired, orange 10 year old. I appreciate the prayers for him, for his comfort, and for my ability to make the best decisions for him. 

Honored Contributor

@KailaS 

62d9dc97c2c4324f9bdc41d97995e726--sending-prayers-prayer-for.jpg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing all the best for Hunter.  It’s so tough to get concerning news at the vets.  I know he’s getting tons of love from his mommy.

Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS  I love orange cats.  Years ago we had a little orange guy named Gizmo. He had I aim in life, to party.  We always wanted to be where people were and to be everyone's buddy.

My DH had a big easy chair and Gizmo would jump up beside him and they would nap together.  I think DH loved it. 

2 of  we feed are orange males and they are big old lovebugs.