Esteemed Contributor

Petunia And The Treat Container.

The cat treats are in a plastic container with a snap on lid.  Petunia was upstairs snoozing and Tess came over to me for a butt (base of her tail) scratch and some treats.  We have to do it quietly or else you-know-who appears and chases poor old Tess off.

After being sufficiently scratched and fed Tess waddled off for a nap.  I put the lid on the treats, put the container on the end table and headed to the bathroom.

I heard thud, thud , thud down the steps.  When I came into the LR Petunia was on the end table, had knocked over the canister and got the lid off. Her little face shoved in a pile of tuna flavored treats.

Me:  Petunia Smith, no. Get down.

P:    I woke up and was alone. I thought you might not be here to feed me.

Me:  You not alone, I was in the bathroom.

P:     I thought you left the can for me.

Me:  Yeah, right.

P:     I was practicing my paw/eye coordination. It's not easy shoving just one            treat at a time off the table with a paw.  You try it.

Me (gathering treats into my hand):  You, go play. No more treats today. P,        where are you going.

P:  I gonna finish my nap, call me when it's dinner time.

Darn cat is smarter than I am some days.

Honored Contributor

Re: Petunia And The Treat Container.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Petunia is hlarious and really, a typical cat. And they ARE smarter than we are!

Super Contributor

Petunia owns you because she is a cat.  She is far superior to us because we are human.  I am owned by my two cats Mary and Elaine.  Their every wish is my command.  I love them.  They bring so much joy and happiness to my life.Cats are smart and funny!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll say one thing, it will be a year in mid-September that Petunia has been with us and  it's been fun. For the most part. lol

My DH would have gotten the biggest kick out of her. They would have been great "buds."  His lap was a favorite cat napping spot for the cats we have had.  Well, except Tess, she's not a lap cat.

Honored Contributor

173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Thank you and Petunia for the joy!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Thanks much for the tale of the treat jar, it was most entertaining.  Tell Petunia practice makes perfect on the paw/eye coordination.  HA

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Petunia knows who is boss. 😻

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18   Ain't that the truth. lol