Honored Contributor

Pets Cause Antibiotic Resistant Infection.

Don't let pets lick your face or those of children.

Puppies Cause Campylobacter Bacteria Outbreak Across 12 States http://news360.com/article/423290940

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pets Cause Antibiotic Resistant Infection.

Thanks for posting this...very important for people with compromised immune systems......

Honored Contributor

It sounds like this started in a puppy mill if it was started by dogs sold in a pet store.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Never understood why anybody would ever allow a dog to lick your face. Yes, it's cute - and funny - and it tickles; but ...dogs lick down there..... and (to me) it's beyond unsanitary.   Re:  cats - I've seen enough cats eating a mouse to last me a lifetime - so no smooching with their whiskers either.

Honored Contributor

Petland has been a known supporter of puppy mills.  I think many have been shut down.  I know the one here closed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

When I was a kid, we had dogs. My mom was always ahead of her time but she always told us, never let that dog lick your face!!!!!  I can still hear her saying the dog licks her **#*#**!!!  so keep away! And wash your hands after you handle her/him.  Im no pet hater but really...that's beyond disgusting to me and yea, they transmit germs. 

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Never understood why anybody would ever allow a dog to lick your face. Yes, it's cute - and funny - and it tickles; but ...dogs lick down there..... and (to me) it's beyond unsanitary.   Re:  cats - I've seen enough cats eating a mouse to last me a lifetime - so no smooching with their whiskers either.

@fthunt

Thankfully, around here most cats live indoors and have never seen a mouse.  Mine wouldn't know what to do with a mouse if they saw one.