Trusted Contributor

Petition For Pets That Have Lost Sleep Last Few Nights :-)

May be a cartoon

Respected Contributor

Re: Petition For Pets That Have Lost Sleep Last Few Nights :-)

@BunSnoop   I'm all for that!  Even though my precious dog isn't overly bothered by the fireworks, what irks me is that I live in an area that is extreme fire risk, and my neighborhood is specifically marked a "no fireworks zone" with posted signs, and people continue to buy fireworks and use them all day and night around the 4th and new years eve on my street.  There was a fire about 1/2 mile from my house right by some businesses due to stupid people and their fireworks.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I would gladly sign a petition even though my dog is not affected by the noise except for those really loud pops.  I do not understand the attraction to setting them off in your yard, especially with the danger.  Every year we hear about someone losing fingers and more from mishandling the fireworks.  What happened to the days when we went to see the beautiful ones that towns had?  To me, that was the best part as the day ended.  Who here anticipated seeing the finale?  It was always spectacular, even from the small towns.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Hmmph.    I was fine with the fireworks......It was my mama, Old Furless,  that hid under the covers, and I had to get under there with her to calm her down.  

≈^••^≈

Heart   Kitty

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Fireworks launched in the air are illegal in VA. My neighbor shot them off in his backyard two nights in his wooded backyard with leaves. 
  The first afternoon I found two rockets near my bedroom.

On the 3D my dog alerted me and we went outside, it looked like Macy's display!

I tried calling and left a message then e mailed that the fireworks are illegal and I'd found two in my yard, also to please not shoot more in my yard.

There were no fireworks last night. 
   He is the same neighbor next to me who burns rubbish in the woods causing heavy smoke and the county says it's a fire pit. 
   We don't have fire hydrants, they have to bring a pumper to the Lake! Crazy inconsiderate people!

Esteemed Contributor

Me and Eddy slept thru them!

Hope the same holds true tonite - our town usually does them three days!