Honored Contributor

I haven't seen another thread about this yet--I know many of you, like me, buy regularly from Chewy.

PetSmart has made the biggest e-commerce acquisition in history, snatching up fast-growing pet food and product site Chewy.com for $3.35 billion, according to multiple sources familiar with the deal.

from CNBC

I sure hope PetSmart doesn't mess up a good thing--Chewy's is one of the best companies I've dealt with lately.

Super Contributor

Re: PetSmart Buying Chewy.com

Sooooo Not Happy to hear about this.

The Reason I prefer Chewy to Petsmart or Petco, is that Chewy always packages their wet food so that I Never get dented cans...with the other two companies sometimes 50%-75%

are dented.

I love Chewy & have used them for years...best Customer Service & my go to company for difficult to find items.

BTW....Petsmart also just bought Pet360...pretty soon they'll own everything, so there will be no competion or motivation to keep the prices down.

Not Good News for my Kitties!!! Smiley Surprised(

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Buying the competition is never good for consumers.

Thanks for the info

@geezerette

Respected Contributor

and Pet Smart I believe also owns Dr Fosters & Smith.  I asked the gal if the name will ever change and she said "no", pet people know the name and they are very allegient to any company who supplies products to their pets.

Super Contributor

goldensrbest started a thread a few days ago in community chat. The thread is called Chewy.com

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

goldensrbest started a thread a few days ago in community chat. The thread is called Chewy.com

I didn't see that...thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let's hope Chewy continues to remain "high" on their customer satisfaction list after PetSmart acquisition.  I'm so disappointed they don't deliver to Alaska.  I feel like I live on another plant sometimes:/